clocked/on-board trip mileage - leur
I bought a new Golf recently & noticed that the miles clocked showed 0.3 miles, whereas on the on-board trip computer it showed 31 miles having been done to date.

DO they reset the "official" clocked miles, once its ready for delivery..31 miles seems alot.

Or maybe the on-baord computer was originally set wrong?? ANyway a reset would get rid of that aynway.

Just curious, if anyone has any ideas??

Aleur

clocked/on-board trip mileage - terryb
I don't see how this is possible. Are you sure it isn't the other way round - ie delivery mileage 31 and trip showing 0.3?

I've had delivery mileages varying from 27 to 89 on my new cars, so that seems more likely

Terry
clocked/on-board trip mileage - leur
no, just checked it again....after a month of driving it.

Delivery "clocked mileage" 1002 miles
Trip computer (which I haven't reset since collecting the car)1033 miles

Should I have a word with the VW dealer about this??

Aleur
clocked/on-board trip mileage - Ben79
I remember seeing a programme about how easy it is to wind back the electronic clock on a Passat.

Ben
clocked/on-board trip mileage - midlifecrisis
I believe that dealers are actually allowed to remove around 50 miles or so on a new car. It makes you think that the car has never been touched. Perhaps somebody from a dealership could confirm or deny.
MLC
clocked/on-board trip mileage - The Watcher
No they are not!

BMW used to deliver new cars to customers with mileage reading 000000. Trading Standards put a stop to it because they said the cars would have some mileage on them, even if only a few miles.

Any dealer who winds back the mileometer is commiting an offence and should be reported immediately.
clocked/on-board trip mileage - terryb
So, Aleur, prima facie it looks as if your dealer has committed an offence. Certainly worth showing it to your local friendly trading standards officer.

Terry
clocked/on-board trip mileage - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Then try to get the dealer to fix the next warranty problem.....!
clocked/on-board trip mileage - The Watcher
Shouldn't be a problem as this involves two different sides of the business ie sales for the zero'd mileometer and service for any warranty claims.

Besides, by law they have to undertake warranty work as part of their franchise.