07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - OldSkoOL
I've noticed that my car moves forward on its own with the clutch fully pressed.

Today in traffic i was on a completely flat surface in neutral. Getting ready to move i put it in first with the clutch pressed right down. And the car started moving very very slowly. Back in neutral, brake and i was stationary again. I've always put it down to being on slight slopes in the past or nose heavy diesels but... this test made me think twice.

Any ideas what this could be?

I've only done 30k and i'm sure it can't be clutch wear. I'm trying to be kind on the clutch as i'm dealing with 400nm. The bite point is very close to the floor.

Thanks,

07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - tony@tooting
It sounds like either you have a leak, or at least loss of fluid pressure on the clutch hydraulics. Get it checked ASAP before you can not get he car into gear at all!
Thank you

I will locate and check the clutch fluid level on that advise and i will get the garage to take a look too.

07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - WorkshopTech
Could be oil drag in the gearbox and nothing to worry about. Depends how much it is pulling forward - a very slight pull is normal due to the oil.
Thanks,

It's so slow that it doesn't register on the speedometer

Its a very slight crawl you can only just notice because you see the cars bumper in front slowly disappear below the line of your bonnet.

07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - kithmo
Is it difficult to get into gear ?
If so then the clutch is dragging, if not then as mentioned above the gearbox is dragging.
You could try a thinner synthetic oil in the gearbox this would lessen the drag (and possibly improve fuel economy slightly).
The gear change is OK.

Once warmed up its smooth. But when cold i'd say 10% of the changes into 2nd are met with slight hesitance to engage but i put this down to the synchromesh in the toyota boxes and it is a very common topic on the toyota forums.

The same can be said from going from 2nd to 1st but this is probably more to do with going too fast for the gear.

07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - tony@tooting
Oil in the gearbox would not explain that you have said that the "Clutch biting point is very low"
07 2.2 Clutch down but moving on its own? - JohnM{P}
If the clutch is fully disengaged, there should be no power being transferred to the gearbox. If the clutch was a wet type, oil drag in the clutch might cause some power transfer, but how could the gearbox oil contribute to creep if the clutch is supposedly fully disengaged? Apologies if I'm missing something...