05 2.0 clutch replacement - little gill
I bought a 2005 deisel xtrail from a main dealer in 8< snip, had it 4 months and clutch has gone. I am single mum and though this car was not new it cost me £8500 and to me that is a lot of money. I went to dealer as I had a two year warranty, they told me it was wear and tear and not covered, I had only done 2000 miles in the 4 month I had it, cost me £750 to get fixed and staff and manager were very rude and couldnt have cared less. I relly like the xtrail but am now so dissapointed, it has done 55000 miles and am now worried to death at what else may go wrong, so expensive!! WILL NEVER BUY FROM NISSAN AGAIN AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM!!!

{No naming/shaming - ta!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/02/2010 at 00:22

05 2.0 clutch replacement - tony@tooting
I would have thought that they would at least of given a contribution to the cost as a jesture of goodwill. I'm not sure how long a dealer has to give as a warranty for a car, and no I'm not refeing to the "Breakdown" cover you probably have. It used to be three months, but I think it may now be 6. Have a quick word with the citizens advice. If you have bought a vehicle that had a worn clutch before you bought it, you may have a claim against them in the small claims court. The problem is proving that you did not put undue strain on the clutch. If you "hold" the car on and incline with the clutch, do not put the car into neutral at the lights/junctions, or use too many revs when pulling away, it could be down to you.
05 2.0 clutch replacement - muncle

I also have a 80,000 mile 2006 X-Trail where the clutch has started slipping but only in 6th.Gear!! especially if accelerating up hill in this gear - talking to friends in the business they say that Dual Mass flwheel will also have to be replaced at a cost around £1000. Not happy with this and need to decide what to do!