99 Drivers window not working - CBR_Bob
Hi,

A few weeks ago my drivers electric window stopped working. When I press the button, there is no noise whatsoever. The other 3 windows still work (using the switches on the drivers door).

I've unplugged the switch from the unit in the door to see if its a loose connection but obviously not.

If my memory serves, the window stopped working when it was about -10C, it may have been cuased by me trying to out it down when it was frozen solid and the motor died?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/02/2010 at 12:58

Its a 1999 V reg by the way...

{yep, have edited it in for you - hence the deletion of your other reply}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/02/2010 at 13:45

99 Drivers window not working - Robin the Technician
Hi,
The most likley cause of your problem is a broken wire between the door and the door post. There is a convoluted bellows that is fitted between them and the harness runs through it. With the door being opened and closed, in the end the wires can break and hence you have no window operation. I had this on my 02 Pug on the passengers side and it took a while to find the fault but it was in the door closure area as I described.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician
99 Drivers window not working - focusman
hi
also if the passenger side is ok, swap the passenger window switch for the drivers switch first, just to rule out the switch first before delving deeper
99 Drivers window not working - starcott
I had this same problem a few months ago on my W reg 2000 406.
I was not able to try the passenger switch in place of the driver's side switch as the switches are not interchangeable.
The only reaction I found when pressing the switch was a faint clicking behind the trim.
I narrowed the problem down to a failed motor and bought a used one from a breakers yard.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Focusman, as Starcott said, the connectors arent interchangeable.

So I guess the next course of action is to get the bellow off some how and check for damaged wires?

I've been told elsewhere to check the fuses. Could this be right? I'd have thought there's one fuse for all the windows, not individual fuses...?

Thanks
99 Drivers window not working - atlantic
have had the same problem on my 2.0 citroen xsara hdi,turns out to be a split wire between the door post and the door ,just pull back the rubber and have a look done in five min after 6months of not being able to open the window.
Its not the wires, they look fine.

Think it may be the circuit board that the switches plug into...
99 Drivers window not working - atlantic
if you find its the motor/winder i have one from a citroen in my shed that is working i think its the same one let me know
99 Drivers window not working - artdecor

Hi Starcott. I have the same model with same problem i.e. only a faint click. Did replacement motor do the trick and how easy / difficult was it to replace, were cables ok.?Your answer appreciated before I start.

Regards Artdecor