New company car - Bobinio
Hey guys,

the time has almost come for a new company car. Any suggestions on what to get? I don't really have any size requirements. The only thing I'm after is a bit of poke. Here are my restrictions:

diesel
under 20,000 miles
under 16k new
under 10k now
not a Renault!?!
2.0 or under

I don't do that many miles so not too bothered about MPG. I'm currently driving a seat Ibiza FR tdi.

Edited by Bobinio on 30/01/2010 at 08:49

New company car - diddy1234
Id recommend a Pro-Ceed.

!.6L diesel
Cheap road tax and insurance, so cheap on company costs.

Also you'd look good turning up at a client's site.
New company car - Pugugly
Oh no I am about to say Mondeo :-) (before anyone else does) seriously I'd go for a Vectra or stretch to an early Insignia -better value arguably than a Mondeo, the Insignia is better looking !
New company car - Avant
If you want a change but like the engine in your Ibiza, put a Golf or Octavia on your list, or perhaps a Leon which might be cheaper.
New company car - Alby Back
Just don't be tempted by a sporty model. They can get nicked y'know...

;-)
New company car - Avant
I was thinking that as I typed! I can't think why Skoda won't put the CR 170 engine into the other Octavia trim levels (Elegance etc.). I'd have gone for that in the first place if I could, as the suspension is softer.
New company car - cheddar
Focus 2.0 TDCi
New company car - idle_chatterer
Golf VI CR Diesel if you can get one, Focus 1.8 TDCi or 2.0 TDCi, Skoda Octavia although it'll most likely be a PD (if only they'd put the CR 143 into it....).

Toyota Auris D-4D perhaps, what you lose on style and sophistication I don't doubt you'll gain in reliability (notwithstanding current recalls of course) ?

Could you get something like a 318d ES 3 Series for this kind of money ?

I appreciate that most of these would have been over £16K new list price.

Edited by idle_chatterer on 30/01/2010 at 12:17

New company car - cheddar
You might, just, get a new model Fiesta Zetec S.
I would love a Golf but i think i might struggle to get a decent spec one within those restrictions. I do like the new shape Focus too. ahhhh decisions!
What about an Astra sporthatch? 150bhp 1.9 diesel?