00 1.8 Lambda sensor? - bipod
My rev counter is eratic on tic over and whilst driving, seems to be worse under 50miles an hour the overall performance is very poor engine management light is on continually had diagnostics twice first one was intermittent misfire and was suggested a valve was sticking new oil and additives were added to the engine but to no avail second diagnostic cam shaft sensor fault,replaced it, but no change,I have been told it could be the lambada sensor is not working I have disconnected the plug on the wiring harness while the engine was ticking over no difference was noted on engine tick over and rev counter was still operating eraticaly took it for a drive round the block no difference was noted, if the lambada was working correctly would I have noticed a difference after unplugging it.I hope sombody can advise me it has been going on for a long time and I have spent a lot of money on false leads.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/01/2010 at 17:01

00 1800 Lambada sensor? - SpamCan61 {P}
Was the engine cold when you disconnected the lambda sensor? If so it won't make a difference on many cars as the lambda sensor is ignored by the ECU until it's up to temperature. Who read the codes, dealer or auto electrician or someone else? Tricky to do any diagnosis until there's some coherent fault codes.
00 1800 Lambada sensor? - bell boy
i would suspect a faulty maf
not sure on this car whether it would flag a code
can you disconnect it and try a run
the lambda would make the car overfuel if it was faulty and not recommended
00 1800 Lambada sensor? - tony@tooting
If the code for the cam sensor has returned, then get the timing chain checked. (They are know to stretch causing the crank to cam sensors to go out of phase.)
00 1800 Lambada sensor? - bathtub tom
Agree with tt above.

These engines suffer from cam chain 'stretch'. Particularly if the oil change frequency has been ignored.

Remove cam cover and if tensioner is 10mm or more extended then that's probably the problem.

It's well documented if you do an interweb thingmy search.
00 1800 Lambada sensor? - bipod
Thanks for your time ille let you know the results

{post edited - no need to SHOUT!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/01/2010 at 00:48