Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - Robin Reliant
Just had the renewal notice through for myself and Mrs RR's all singing-all dancing AA cover, which came in at a hefty £141. A quick trawl through moneysupermarket.com threw up a load of cheaper options, which might or might not give the same level of service. One phonecall to the AA comparing their rates to some of the others resulted in an instant no haggle reduction to £85, a saving of £56 for one free phonecall.

So if you are with them or the RAC and you normally shrug your shoulders and let the direct debit go out every year, it's well worth asking for a cheaper price as they seem keen enough to retain your membership to negotiate.
Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - Alanovich
Can confirm that the same happened with my RAC renewal this year. Can't remember what they wanted but my eyes watered. A quick trawl in the same place as you then threw up comparable policies at far lower rates, and yes, the RAC matched them.

Should have swapped on principle really, but the RAC patrol blokes are always such good fellows that I didn't want to chance another organisation. Used them a couple of times last year when the wife's Smart Roadster was playing silly beggars. It's not their fault that the marketing and renewals department seem to be such sharks.
Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - oldnotbold
RAC membership can be purchased with the Clubcard points of a well-known supermarket. We do it every year, and now have Family membership for about £45.00 of points, which equates to about six months of our spending through their tills/pumps.
Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - cheddar
Sorry to be pedantic though should they not be called Reliant Robin, i.e. manufacturer / model?

Otherwise its a bit like saying Arnage Bentley.

Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - Robin Reliant
Sorry to be pedantic though should they not be called Reliant Robin i.e. manufacturer /
model?

Rodney, you plonker! ;-)
Don't get done, get Robin Reliant - cheddar
Rodney you plonker! ;-)

Is that where it came from, mange tout!