96 1.9 Replaced Fuel Cut Off Valve... - Papa123
and now not starting.

I think i've got air into the tank as when the engine is cold it won't start. Not sure how to remove the air from fuel system from the engine side.

I know glows are good etc as the car was running without problem, just a little fuel leak from the valve before I replaced it.

Fuel cut off valve was replaced because it was leaking.

Is there an easy way to get her started? Pumped the primer (tennis ball sized black pump left side of engine as you face it) which stays hard but refuses to start.

Started earlier when engine was warm but now its cold it refuses to start.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/01/2010 at 18:09

96 1.9 Replaced 306 Fuel Cut Off Valve... - Peter.N.
Could just be coincidence or could be that you have disturbed something or could be that your new solonoid valve is faulty or that your glow plug relay is faulty. If the primer bulb goes hard you can probably rule out air ingress, do you get blue/white smoke from the exhaust when its turning over but wont start?
96 1.9 Replaced 306 Fuel Cut Off Valve... - Papa123
The odd thing is, once i'd swapped the valve, I drove around the block and it fine. 3 hours later and no joy - no stop turning over. No smoke - be it white/black/blue from the exhaust.
96 1.9 Replaced 306 Fuel Cut Off Valve... - Papa123
Could just be coincidence or could be that you have disturbed something or could be
that your new solonoid valve is faulty or that your glow plug relay is faulty.
If the primer bulb goes hard you can probably rule out air ingress do you
get blue/white smoke from the exhaust when its turning over but wont start?

Ended up relay being faulty - Put the slightly leaky one back in, started 1st turn of the key. Damn - another thing to replace!
96 1.9 Replaced 306 Fuel Cut Off Valve... - Peter.N.
Figures, no smoke = no fuel.