02 1,25 Heater Blowing hot air and overheating - atlantic
Hi all, My son has a fiesta 1.25 02 freestyle, When he was driving it up the dual carriageway the temp gauge suddenly went up high and the fans kicked in, he called out the breakdown truck and they brought him home they said it could be the water pump have also noticed that the heater was only blowing hot air, so I pass the car on to my mechanic friend to have a look at it. he replaced the thermostat and housing and flushed the system down and refilled it with new coolant and he also changed the heater valve and he is going to change the temp sensor on friday.this has sorted the high temp problem but the heater is only blowing cold air but when I take off the electrical connection off the heater valve it will blow hot air any advice on the problem will be gratefully recived, sorry if it sounds long winded but I wanted to give you as much info as possible thanks.
02 1,25 Heater Blowing hot air and overheating - Peter.N.
Sounds as though your new heater valve is faulty and is switching the wrong way.

Edited by Peter.N. on 20/01/2010 at 13:32

02 1,25 Heater Blowing hot air and overheating - atlantic
Thanks for your reply Peter.I forgot to mention this is the second one he fitted on monday.he said the first one was faulty and he bought the second one from a diffrent shop.