05 1.3 No oil? - CarNovice28
I've just had my car serviced and just checked the oil and doesn't seme to be any there! The dipstick is dry.

Had the car serviced Tuesday and had no problems. No watning lights either.

Car is parked on a slight incline but not very much and have seen the oil previously before it was serviced?

Any ideas?

Had been out in car but checked one hour after returning.

Thanks.
05 1.3 No oil? - oilrag
"Car is parked on a slight incline but not very much"

Park it on level ground and try again.
05 1.3 No oil? - Galaxy
Brand new oil can be very difficult to see on the dipstick.

I would suggest you park your car on a flat surface, leave for a while for the oil to settle, and check it again. If you can't see the oil rub the dipstick with your finger. You will soon know whether there's oil there or not. Could you manage to get anyone else to have a look for you?

If there's still no sign of oil on the dipstick then I'd give the dealer who serviced the car a call. It probably doesn't mean there's no oil at all in the engine, there just isn't enough!

If the dealer tells you to drive the car back to him and you're unlucky for it to sieze-up on the way in, then that will be down to him. That's why I say, phone him first.

Don't use the oil warning light not coming on as a check that the oil level's OK though. The oil light will probably come on about 10 seconds before the engine siezes-up!

Edited by Galaxy on 17/01/2010 at 13:40

05 1.3 No oil? - CarNovice28
Oil is fine. Just couldn't tell it was there!

Up to the full level so will keep driving it!

:-D