An easy to to get in and out of small car. - carmonger
Can anyone recommend a car that is easier to get in out of than my small volvo which has got to low for me to easily get out and in . i fancied a renault scenic 1.4 but have been told they have quiet a few problems in my price bracket about £1000

Edited by Pugugly on 16/01/2010 at 18:39

An easy to to get in and out of small car. - pmh3
Be wary of preconceptions. When I was suffering with a very bad back my car of choice was an old style Mini 1275GT ! The Volvo 240 and Ford Granada remained in the driveway.
An easy to to get in and out of small car. - Avant
No Volvo is very small so it's a bit difficult to think of a small car which would be any better.

The Honda Jazz springs to mind, but you won't get one for £1,000. Have a look at a Toyota Yaris: the doors are quite tall and you might find it easier. If not, a Toyota Verso would be a better bet than a Scenic - again you may struggle to find one within budget.

As always, at £1,000 condition in more important than actual make of car. If any Fords or Vauxhalls fit you, there are more around to choose from.

It's a standing joke on this forum that on threads like this someone always suggests a Mondeo - but seriously it might be what you need!
An easy to to get in and out of small car. - Rattle
The Punto is a very easy car to get in and out of due to its high roof. Something like a Vauxhall Agila/Wagon R also comes to mind.

Really you want something with a high roof.
An easy to to get in and out of small car. - Avant
Agila / Wagon R a really good suggestion - I'd forgotten about them. I think they've been in production long enough for you to find one within budget - have a look on Autotrader.
An easy to to get in and out of small car. - Rattle
They are not that popular with the buying public (the image isn't right for young people) so they tend to be very cheap. £1K should get you a 01/02 reg with good service history and no more than 60k on the private market depending where you live. They seem to be about 25% cheaper than Corsas/Fiesta round here.