94 1.3 Another tyre marking question - bathtub tom
I put this over on discussion yesterday, but now it's moved about three screens down without a single reply, I thought I'd try over here.

I got my cheap tyres the other day, I'll only be using them off-road. Made by Event. Apparently a Dutch company but likely imports from China.

One's got a red dot and a yellow dot. I understand the red takes priority over the yellow and is mounted adjacent to a notch or groove in the rim indicating relative high and low points.

T'other's got two yellows. I assume either is placed adjacent to the valve?

Both have got a white dot on the shoulder of the tread. I can't find any reference to such marks. Any ideas what they indicate?

Both have a 'DOT' code OU. Again, any ideas please? My research suggests they're American marks indicating date and place of manufacture and should consist of three or four digits/letters.

Both tyres have obviously been mounted on wheels from the rust marks around the lip, but appear to have never been used. They still have the moulding pips and coloured stripes!

They came from a large industrial estate unit that must have had tens of thousands of tyres stored there. One guy seemed to be working his way through one pile and sorting them into two other piles, presumably suitable for sale and not. It lends some weight to their story that a source is spare wheels that have never been used. Written-off cars perhaps?

I did wonder about the fire risk and what local residents would think. Isn't there some kind of limit on storing tyres?

{Duplicate post in discussion removed}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/01/2010 at 00:58

94 1.3 Another tyre marking question - Peter.N.
The probable reason you had no replies is that no one knows, I'm sure its not personal. Have you tried doing a search on the net?
That's where I've got the information so far.

I thought the wealth of information here might enlighten me further.

Edited by bathtub tom {p} on 15/01/2010 at 17:35

94 1.3 Another tyre marking question - Diamond
Your tyres were made by Shandong Linglong Rubber Co., Ltd., Zhaoyuan, Shandong, China

www.carbibles.com/tyremanufacturercodes.html
That's brilliant, thanks. A bit more information, the country of origin is as I suspected.

I found most of my info from car bibles, but I didn't find that page.
Found it!

I turned the tyres over and found the four digit code on the other side - doh!