Leeds LDVLA new place - bell boy
Bit posh innit,pity they couldnt clear the access road of snow though seeing as we are all going there to pay road taxes
more like an airport terminus than a cash cow machine or is that the same thing?

Edited by Pugugly on 12/01/2010 at 17:35

leeds LDVLA new place - commerdriver
What would you prefer BB, do everything by post, or are DVLA staff not entitled to decent working conditions?
Local DVLA offices do very little in the way of payment of "road taxes". Mainly registration type work, changing docs for personal registrations etc.
leeds LDVLA new place - bell boy
dont you believe it commerdriver they do lots of road taxes
they sort lots of arguments out too
as for working conditions if you knew the old leeds place you would know it had a full refit including airconditioning less than 5 years ago
the new place at £5 a square foot equates to a grand a week in rent alone at my reckoning,not bad for something not needed eh if everything could be done via post which you cant anyway (consider v5 stamped as disabled for one)
leeds LDVLA new place - freddy1
the one at preston (fullwood) , tends to have a lot of police action outside , forever "booking" people for failure to display currant tax disk

I was one of them being "done"

dont you believe it commerdriver they do lots of road taxes

well over 90% of road tax transactions are online, by phone or in post offices.A very small percentage, usually along with some other complication such as change of class, are done on local DVLA offices.
i was there so i must be wrong,thanks
i was there so i must be wrong thanks

Not at all you are judging from a very small sample, most people do not know where their local DVLA office is, unless you are doing something specific you never need to go there in the normal run of buying running and selling a car.
its always full of people taxing cars though commerdriver,im one of them if theres a reason i cant tax locally.
bloke there wanted a lift back into leeds ,its about 7 miles out of town,its on an industrial type estate ,he came in a taxi,im sure if he could have taxed locally he wouldnt have got a taxi there
maybe these 270,000 laptops to be given away by the labour govt will help to make more people tax online while still in their shell suits?
leeds LDVLA new place - WorkshopTech
You not got many PO's in your part of the world then BellBoy?
leeds LDVLA new place - WorkshopTech
Why are people always moaning about DVLA offices? They do a decent enough job it seems to me, but its a national sport to moan about council workers, teachers, DVLA . I live near the HQ of one of our former building societies, now a bank, and if you want to see luxury you should visit that place. Given they we now own about 70% of it, and the disgraceful way it was run in the past, they should be taking their own coal in bucket, not living it big in that place.