Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - L'escargot
What are road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds (A631 and A157) like this morning? There's very little snow here on the coast, the temperature is a very balmy 3°C and the sun is out, but I'm wary about venturing very far inland.
Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - Avant
Surprising! I thought the north-east coast would be worse off, with the east wind blowing snow in. Certainly the forecasters have been saying so - but then who believes them nowadays?

Maybe a scientist on here will illuminate us. Meanwhile, L'escargot, enjoy!
Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - hunty221
Conditions inland aren't great, the A631 between Corringham and Caenby Corner was fairly icy on my way into work in Lincoln, the journey home at about 1700 was even worse as it had started to snow again.
Lincoln itself isnt too bad as there is not much snow remaining, however looking over to the Wolds there seemed to be a lot of snow on the hills, so I would imagine the roads are fairly treacherous.
Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - gordonbennet
A15 Lincoln to Scunny was bad at 7 thismorning, lack of salt meant drifting snow had iced up, quite scary tbh that major route is quite narrow, if someone gets it wrong serious mayhem results.
Left Grimsby at 11.30 for Norwich, trafficmaster showing long delays at Louth A16 so i opted for A15 again via Sleaford, not bad at all, if someone tells me Louth was ok i'll just have to put it down to hourly rate..;)
Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - bell boy
according to radio 2 traffic report this morning the bypass was shut due to an accident
i lived in louth for 14 months before the bypass was even dreamy of
the most dreadful place ive ever lived in
Road conditions in the Lincolnshire Wolds - gordonbennet
Probably just as well i went round the block then, difficult driving though frozen washer jets (mounted on wiper blades idiotic design) salt spray and bright sunlight making the speed cameras difficult to spot.