classic car details - Fiat 127 - diddy1234
I am possibly going out on a limb here but I was wondering if anyone had performance specifications or web links.

For me this was my first car (1049cc in CL trim) and it went like stink.
I even beat 1275cc mini's

Handling wasn't as good as a mini but it was still entertaining sliding sideways around corners.

Hence I was wondering what the 0 to 60mph figures were.
goodness knows how quick the 1303cc sport version was.

Edited by Webmaster on 07/01/2010 at 00:35

classic car details - Fiat 127 - captain chaos
Here you go,diddy
tinyurl.com/yjqs6dt
A friend of mine had a 127 sport, it was an absolute hoot. Bright orange with a black spoiler and a lovely rorty torty exhaust note. His mother owned it from new and insured it for him to drive (he was only 19). Happy days.
thank you sir
Your a star.

Fond memories of a sweet revving little buzz box.
Never drove the 1303cc version, would love to though.
You're welcome
Here's one which may interest you

tinyurl.com/ybaukjv

Quite tempted myself
So am I.

He he

But would it still give me that grin that I had back in the past.... hmm
There's only one way to find out....
Join the owners club for help with parts, etc. Classic insurance keeps costs down. No worries about depreciation, either. A cracking car, fun to drive and rare too.
Go on, you know you want to!
classic car details - Fiat 127 - 1400ted
Someone local to me still has one, I don't know engine size, etc but it's nice, sort of airforce blue and an old Y reg, I think. May be one owner by the look of it !..28 yrs old.

Ted
classic car details - Fiat 127 - jc2
Never thought in the past that a Fiat127 would be a "Classic".
classic car details - Fiat 127 - Alanovich
You rotters. My second car was a 127 Sport, a mark 1 before the upgrade to the 1300cc version. Black with orange trim. I loved it, but had a coming together with a Granada and that was that. RIP, RMB 821V.

Still miss it. It's why I have enjoyed driving Yugo 45s so much, many shared components with the standard 127.

Sniff.

If there are two cars I'd want in a collection, it's one of those and an Alfasud 1.5 Ti. A black 127 and a white Sud.

Edited by Alanovich on 07/01/2010 at 09:09

classic car details - Fiat 127 - maz64
Lots of stuff on youtube:
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fiat+127
classic car details - Fiat 127 - b308
I even beat 1275cc mini's

Just about the only thing that didn't was a 1000cc mini! The 1275GT was a poor replacement for the Coopers because BL didn't want to keep paying Cooper the money for each one they produced.
classic car details - Fiat 127 - bell boy
grasstracking boys used to like these so a lot were cannibalised,they did rot though really badly in all the usual fiat places (everywhere) and i was always wary of that clam bonnet beheading me in a frontal
I once had the bonnet lift up on my 127 when driving along the motorway at 80mph.

It was a case of open the window stick head out then pull over onto the hard shoulder and close it again.

The bonnet catch was never that great on mine.

Never thought about the bonnet in a crash but back then I used to think (as a typical just past driving test idiot) that I was indestructible.
classic car details - Fiat 127 - TheOilBurner
My parents first car was a 127. I have fond memories of it, including the time I went to open the rear window (as the car was moving) and the window simply fell out!

Somehow I managed to catch it, and we drove along for about 100 yards with me holding the window (bear in mind I was only 7 years old at the time!) through the side of the car until my Mum could pull over. After that, I wasn't allowed to open the windows again in the car, although I wasn't in a hurry to try anyway...

Great stuff!
classic car details - Fiat 127 - bell boy
i think it was chevettes that did that too and the fix was to pack the clip with cardboard (very high tech)
classic car details - Fiat 127 - TheOilBurner
I think my Dad made do with a tube of superglue! Did the trick, in a way...
classic car details - Fiat 127 - Alanovich
A mate of mine had a yellow 127 when I had my Sport. The gear lever came off in his hand on a dual carraigeway once.
classic car details - Fiat 127 - stackman
My 127 was a 1980 Palio model. The Palio gave it a whole new world of class above the standard 127.

It had the smartest alloy wheels of any car I've owned, a full length folding sunroof, a really thick leather steering wheel, metallic blue paint and classy blue cloth trim. It was the car we had when we got married, taking us on our honeymoon in Wales.

It's 1050 engine was always willing and it handled brilliantly on 165 wide tyres..

Sadly we replaced it with a Morris Ital estate when our daughter came along. That was a truly dreadful car with the one redeeming virtue of being big. The 127 was a delight in every other way.
I never heard of the Palio model, sounds nice on wide tyres.
I bet it handled well.

I had the standard tyres on my CL version and it was quite easy to get sideways sliding at roundabouts and shallow curves.

Never had the car spin out or anything that drastic, the 127 was quite enjoyable when in a skid.
classic car details - Fiat 127 - helicopter
I had a red 128 Sport and that was a great little fun motor for a 1300cc ...... Fond memories of holidays in Cornwall and blasting up the A303 .

Like all Fiats of the time ( 1970's ) the tinworm got it.....