Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - a900ss
I was parked up at Michael Wood services today when an Aston martin Rapide (the 4 door Aston) parked opposite me. Then another. Then another. And another. FOUR of them!!!!

I spoke to one of the drivers and he was from AM and these were cars that will be used by the press. The AM guys put a few miles on them before turning them over to the press. The guys job sounded fantastic though, he had been in Sweeden just before Christmas doing some ice driving in an Aston and next week he was testing the £1m supercar that AM are launching.

Have to admit, if you need a four door for the kids, it looks amazing. Much better than the Porsche Panamera that it is going head to head with. Then they started the engines.... What a noise.

Well I can dream I suppose. At least I've got the pictures on my phone...
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - Pugugly
Well upload them then !
Well.... The roads were very salty today and the cars are caked in it. Also taken on my phone so don't expect the best quality (managing expectations here).

www.flickr.com/photos/a900ss/

Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - OmNo
I have to agree they look better than the Panamera.
A guy down the road has a Panamera turbo and I do like the look of it but the AM is better in my view.
What surprised me about the Porker was the sheer size of the thing when I followed it home the other night - it has real presence and a fantastic turn of speed.
I have to agree they look better than the Panamera.

I couldn't understand why the blokes on Top Gear described the Panamera as an Austin Maxi when I saw the photos. However the first time I saw the Panamera in real life, I fully understood. It does look like a Maxi from the rear with its big sloping rump.
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - rtj70
Well I can dream I suppose

So can I. Wife would go through the roof if I bought one with the house sale money!
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - Alby Back
Well, at least temporarily, it wouldn't be your roof.....
;-)
But what if I bought one each? Or an Aston Martin Rapide for me and a FIAT 500 for her :-)
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - Alby Back
Might work. Gotta be worth asking....Let us know how you get on....if you can still see to type....
;-)
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - daveyjp
When I saw this on Top Gear it became my Lottery win car. Pity I haven't bought a ticket in over ten years.
Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - Jcoventry
It's just too expensive for what it is though. These cost about £139,950 if I'm not mistaken. It makes a Range Rover Vogue with all the added extras, V8 engine, etc look like a real bargain!
So should I buy some RR Vogues instead? Or maybe a house.
Range Rover Vogue V8 and Rolls Royce Phantom. Combined, these are better than any house!
But if I bought those two I'd have no money for a house or anything else!

;-)

Edited by rtj70 on 04/01/2010 at 21:12

Aston Martin Rapide - spotted one today - OmNo
Now we have ventured into fantasy land then (I am with you on this) what would you buy between a proper RR (not a Range Rover) and a Bentley.
For me there is no contest - the latest Bentley designs are vulgar and appropriate for a premier league footballer. The design is horrible in my humble opinion, whereas the RR cars and the Ghost in particular are very well designed and I would guess at being better engineered than the Bentley.
Oh yes RR over Bentley any day I think. But hey let's not get too off-topic now. :-)

Edited by Jcoventry on 04/01/2010 at 21:50

I like all the Aston Martin's apart from the Cygnet.