Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Durelli_tyres
Hi,

anyone come across a recall announced just before Christmas over Honda Civics having flat batteries after 3 or 4 days standing?

My dealer told me after our Civic was dead on the drive!

Anyone know where you can get details of the recall?

Durelli
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - NARU
I don't know about Honda, but Toyota have an online service which you can sign up to for an hour for three euros - I downloaded a TSB for my landcruiser yesterday.
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Old Navy
I don't see any reference to that fault having a recall on the VOSA website.

www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx=
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Bill Payer
I would guess that it's a Service Bulletin rather than a Recall (which are usually safety related things).
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Old Navy
You are probably right BP, the manufacturers are not keen to have official recalls.
OK, so its a service bulletin?

How do you find details of them?

Durelli
Now and again you see them mentioned on forums, but the manufacturers keep these things very close to their chests.

There are different levels of bulletin, and most are only acted on if the owner has a specific problem. The manufacturers won't want people to create faults which aren't showing up on their vehicle. Most Civic owners presumeably don't have this issue otherwise the roads would be littered with dead Civics!

There's a huge thread about flat battery's in Civics at tinyurl.com/yj4eoua
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - idle_chatterer
SWMBO's '07 FK3 2.2 CTDi (recently changed for a Golf VI) suffered a flat battery after standing for a few days quite early in its life (so 2007 some time), that was fixed by a software update - perhaps the oil level sensor not switching off but my memory is a little dim...

It's the only car in 20 years which has ever let me/us down and required a callout, one of the reasons's it's gone, it was a real disappointment tbh.
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - richard_uk
I have a 58 Civic 2.2 cTDi and got a call from my local dealer last Friday advising that my car had been recalled. Appartently the problem is related to the fuse box.

Having been away over Xmas I returned home to find my car sitting on the drive with a dead battery! My car is due to go in today.

Richard
The Civic went in yesterday for this work to be carried out along with a check on the battery health and a fix for the corroded battery terminals.

I received no call from the dealer. I went to pick the car up as it was the end of the day and I needed to get home.

The recall/service/new fuse box was not done as the dealer didn't think it was required.

The battery is holding 12.1 volts.

The terminals were cleaned and greased.

I told the dealer that the Honda website is saying work is required, and when he checked the car does need a new fuse box. He will order one in. Which begs the question if the car was in yesterday to have the work done why wasn't the part available?

The battery holding 12.1 volts means it is healthy and does not need replacement.

I was asked to keep an eye on the battery terminals. I asked if this was included in the service, was told it was and then made a point that the service was in November, the terminals are badly corroded with no sign of grease which means this work wasn't done.

Overall pretty dissatisfied with this display of service. Normally I will have the car collected but as this was a problem I drove the car in, with the recent snow fall this took me 90 mins.

We are still left with a civic which can have a flat battery and have no date for when this will be fixed.

That's pretty poor. Sounds more like my Mercedes dealer.
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - SteveLee
The battery holding 12.1 volts means it is healthy and does not need replacement.

Hmmm seems a bit low to me, I'd be worried if my battery only registered 12.1 volts.
Apparently to get a true reflection the battery needs to be charged at 20 degrees centigrade, left 12 hours and then the voltage tested.

I'd need to buy a battery charger to be able to do that. Unless I take it on a long run in the summer, then take it out the car. Keep it in the house 12 hours and then check it?

Durelli
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - nb857
I've got a Civic, registered in August 1998, I don't know when it was built but it must be nigh on 12 years old. She still has the original battery. It's not used every day and in the summer will sometimes stand for over a week at a time.

I guess this problem applies to later machinery?
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Pugugly
www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youandyourcar/recallsa.../

Check your car's VIN on the above website
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - marco44
I returned from a weeks Holiday in Egypt my Honda Civic was Parked at Newcastle airport.
When I got to the car the battery was flat and had to get it Jump started.This happened once before when I returned from a 2 week holiday last Summer but I thought it was because I might have left an interior light on.
When I arrived home I called up my local Honda Dealer to reprt the problem.m They told me there was a fault with the fuse box and I was due to get a letter from them informing me of a recal about this problemI am Taking my car in next week to have the fuse box replaced under warranty.
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - avatar
I boughtt a new civic 1.4 november 2009 and had a flat battery twice this year and have been told there is nothing wrong by my supplier. Since you gave no year or type I would like to know whether my car is also subject to this recall and how you have got on. Avatar
Recall - electrics discharging battery when parked - Pugugly
Check the Honda website link above and type in your VIN - that will tell you whether your car was subject of a recall or warranty recall.