200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - fredfamous
Check this out - 200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche Panamera.

I found this performance direct motoring news report on youtube.com. the superfast porsche panamera police car is on trial in essex the report says. it's fast. on the video it must do 0-60 in under 4 seconds. Has anyone seen this on the roads yet?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ritCNYzTeJs
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - midlifecrisis
It'll be a cold day in hell before you see that as an operational Police vehicle!
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - maz64
It'll be a cold day in hell before you see that as an operational Police
vehicle!

jealous? :-)
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - Lud
a cold day in hell before you see that as an operational Police vehicle!

Might suit the Chief Constable of a big empty county with decent roads though, as a limo for going to lots of distant meetings in.

'You look a little tired, Constable. I think I can bring myself to take over for a while.'
now also seen on the roads in Essex.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJG0QD_iP3I
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - zookeeper
how does the essex council afford such cars? i already thought they had subarus and mitsabishi,s with go faster stripes (as seen on some cop show last year) wouldnt of thought the council tax reciepts would cover the outlay considering essex being chav central and most residents are on council tax and housing benefit?
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - Jcoventry
It will probably end up written off - look at what happened to the Lamborghini the Italian police had.
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - Alby Back
Additional equipment would need to include matching mirror shades, chewing gum and optional slimming corsets for the crew so they can look suitably cool........

Off at a tangent as usual but a lot of comment has been made about these being ugly. I disagree, I rather like it.

Of course I'm jealous!!! :)

This is a trials vehicle...no taxpayers money was spent in the making of that film!

We get lots of marked vehicles thrown at us by manufacturers. We keep them for a month or two and then they are returned never to be seen again. The one recent exception was the Jag XF. It got such rave reviews that they were ordered and are appearing in the next few weeks.
Will you get special tweed uniforms and cravats to wear while driving them mlc? ;-)
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - Pugugly
...and have to wear your socks in bed.
...and instead of blue lights an illuminated sign on the roof reading -

" I say old chap. would you mind awfully pulling over when convenient? Frightfully urgent I'm afraid. "

;-)
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - ifithelps
...The one recent exception was the Jag XF...

In the 60s Jags were used by cops and robbers because they were fast and cheap.

Can't speak for today's robbers, but it seems at least one of today's police forces still thinks the same way.

Edited by ifithelps on 30/12/2009 at 16:02

We've seen unmarked Imprezas on the 'Road Wars'-type programmes, and those are presumably fast enough for most jobs apart from chasing supercars down deserted motorways, where helicopters are probably better/safer anyway.
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - woodster
Midlife - which force is getting the Jag?
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - zookeeper
its probably just a recruitment drive to get the dissafected youff to step into a pair of size 10,s...evening all
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - jc2
Essex police only have Subaru and Mitsubishi because Ford no longer make Cossies.
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - Fullchat
They aint got one of these though. :-]

www.cararticles.co.uk/uk-humberside-police-and-the...l
200 mph Police Car - Police Trial Modified Porsche - ifithelps
...Which engines in the XFs, midlife?...

In July of this year, midlifecrisis posted: ''Jaguar XF 3.0d: Had one on long term trial. Amazing car. Superior in every way to the BMW. Permanent ones are on order. Super stable at speed and amazingly refined. Overall performance is fantastic.''

Full thread here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=76...9

And yes, I think I am a little sad for remembering that. :)

Edited by ifithelps on 31/12/2009 at 09:33

Yep. 3.0 Twin turbo diesel. Fantastic car. As for tyres. Like everything else, we pay nowhere near normal retail price.
That's an awesome police car - not as quick as the Porsche but it's good to see the boys in blue are getting some decent vehicles. Makes me glad I pay my taxes....

What would be the ultimate Police Car? Gotta be fast but practical. The italian Police lambo was always followed by 2 support vehicles which made the whole thing slightly pointless as the support cars have no chance of keeping up, and the lambo can't transport crims.
What would be the ultimate Police Car? Gotta be fast but practical.

Audi RS6 estate? Twin turbo 5.0 V10 580ps with 1660 litres of luggage space :-)
www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=1344

Edited by Focus {P} on 13/01/2010 at 16:16