02 1.6 BSI Unit Issue . . . Help - blowther1
Hi, I believe my Peugeot 307 1.6 Rapier (Petrol) has a BSI Unit Issue, I am just looking for some clarification more than anything.

Tried to turn it over but it was like it had no power to start! Each time I tried to start the car the electrics in the car were going mad with the airbag warning light and loud beeping and also had the 'Economy Mode' error coming up, Got the AA out and they had a look at it and couldn't work out what was going on. When I pressed the passenger side window button the drivers window went down and vice versa!

Other problems are Windows / no central locking / not starting / wipers not operating.

Any clarification on this would be great.

Many Thanks
02 1.6 BSI Unit Issue . . . Help - RichardW
Low voltage issues cause all sorts of mayhem on multiplex cars - I'd suggest the battery is cactus - can you check it with a voltmeter?
I have had the car to a friends garage and he fully charged the battery and tried to start the car only to get the same problem, after two or three attempts to start the car the battery was dead again, I believe he also tried a totally different battery to make sure.

What else could be causing this problem?

Many thanks

(nice use of the word cactus by the way)

Edited by blowther1 on 28/12/2009 at 21:45

02 1.6 BSI Unit Issue . . . Help - Peter.N.
Does the battery go flat if the car is left standing?
It never used to just one day decided not to start and then all these problems occured.

never had a problem with battery before, it also says economy mode active all the time

Edited by blowther1 on 28/12/2009 at 22:09

02 1.6 BSI Unit Issue . . . Help - steve_earwig
Not sure on a 307 but the 406 has lots of electrical connectors under the carpet that cause all sorts of weird and wonderful problems if they get wet.