Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - Bim

Has anyone had experience of any problems from UK Main Dealers requiring sight of the original Europe Dealers Supplers Invoice prior to them agreeing warranty work?
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - James_Jameson
The problem I had with my last Land Rover Discovery was that it was an import. Land Rover (main dealer) refused to honour their 3-year warranty on my 2-year old vehicle because it was an import. Apparently, on imports they will only give you one year's warranty. Obviously a crafty was of encouraging you to pay "Treasure Island" prices for your next new vehicle.
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - andymc {P}
JJ, you can buy a warranty extension from companies like Warranty Direct - I got a total of 4 years warranty for my imported Seat Leon, 2 from the manufacturer and 2 I added on with WD.
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - hispecgolfs
James

They refused to honour your warranty because you didn't have one! You Disco came with the manufacturers 1 year warranty, the same as UK cars (2 years now, sometimes). The 2nd and 3rd year of the warranty on UK vehicles is a dealer warranty and is usually less comprehensive.

Regards

Andrew

www.hispecgolfs.co.uk
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - The Watcher
With a Toyota (and a few other Jap Euro imports) you do NOT need any warranty extension. The Euro cars come with a 3 year pa European warranty although the 'mileage' element will be based on kilometers if you get my drift!

Showing the UK Toyota dealer your service book stamped with the pdi of the Euro Toyota agent should be all he needs to see. If he wants to see the invoice, show him.

If he won't do the warranty work, remind him of his obligation under the terms of Toyota's warranty. You do not have to pay him for warranty work. If he insists, either take the car to another dealer or pay for the work and take out a summons in the small claims court. Charge HIM expenses for taking this action ie any time off work etc plus the cost he charged you for warranty work.

However, if you provide him with the info he requires, Im certain he will accommodate you.
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - Bim

The dealer is still insisting on the original suppliers invoice.

Toyota Warranty Department also confim this is the requirement.

Good job there is nothing major at fault!!
Europe Imported Toyota Warranty - KB.
Has anyone had experience of any problems from UK Main Dealers
requiring sight of the original Europe Dealers Supplers Invoice prior to
them agreeing warranty work?

I agree with watcher. I've taken several to my local dealer and they haven't asked for any supporting documentation - just my details plus the cars details and they've done the warranty work without further question.......... well almost........I'm still waiting for them to remember to contact me regarding a part supposedly on order, however it seems that this is human error and no reflection on the car's import status.

Incidentally, currently doing mid fifties in the diesel Yaris round town. Pleased enough with that but hoping for more when it loosens up a bit. Cracking little car although definitely needs a bigger boot and more drivers seat (backwards) adjustment. Really quick if the revs are right, but that's not what we bought it for - prefer only derving up every 3 weeks....a real novelty!

KB.