02 ? Silencing the alarm without causing criminal - SpamCan61 {P}
Evenin' all

My neighbour's Astra has been making loud high pitched noises for the last 24 hours, I assume the alarm has thrown a wobbler. ( there are no signs of damage to the car, so i suspect water ingress or similar) Sounds like a deranged parakeet.

Anyway, they're off skiing somewhere uncontactable ( return date unknown) and us folks are getting a bit peed off with it. IIRC we are within our rights to phone the police and report it as a nuisance, but we'd rather not go down that route yet.

Any other ( legal) suggestions as to what to do, other than a job lot of earplugs??

cheers
02 ? Silencing the alarm without causing criminal - Hamsafar
If it is a sporadic chirp. It will be caused by the backup batteries being flat in the sounder unit.
There is nothing you can do other than ask the council to tow it away due to the noise nuisance.
02 ? Silencing the alarm without causing criminal - Dynamic Dave
I agree - probably the power sounder back up batteries failing. Even if you disconnect the sounder (I won't mention where it is on a public forum, no one else either please), it will continue to make a noise as it will see it as an unauthorised tamper, and may well sound the car's horn instead.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/12/2009 at 01:37

02 ? Silencing the alarm without causing criminal - SpamCan61 {P}
Thanks for the replies folks, after 24 hours of random WEEE - WOOOO WEEEEE WOOOO it stopped about 10 minutes after I poster here on the BR! Must be special backroom magic :-)

Merry Xmas to one and all, as I set here amongst a sea of Lego cars and Scalextric :-))