Whats it worth and sell in new year or wait? - stunorthants26
My sister, who is currently in Australia 'finding herself' and plans to spend atleast another two years travelling, has asked me to sell her Vitara. She doesnt want to leave the car standing around for another two years - its already sat for 7 months although battery has been kept charged and its been moved about and stored with handbrake off.

Firstly, what is it worth? It is a 2001 Y reg 1600 in black, 60k, service history up until she went away but its due a service ( not done as it was gonna sit there unused ), it has no MOT or tax at the moment although its in very good shape mechanically.
Is it worth getting it taxed and tested or sell as it is? Im 90% sure it will sail through its MOT as it usually does and the tax is 90 odd quid for 6 months, id also get it serviced if I did those things.

It has been registered to me now so I can sign it over and the sale wont look so dodgy :-)

Other question, is there a good time to sell a 4x4 or a better time than January in general?
Whats it worth and sell in new year or wait? - BobbyG
Is there a good time - eh, yes - NOW! :)
Whats it worth and sell in new year or wait? - Falkirk Bairn
MoT car (much easier sold with a new ticket) - price it well above your minimum and then "give them" 6 mths RFL or split it with them paying half!!!