98 2.0 Transmission fault light comes on - delboy63
Hi To all

I am new to the site! Hope I am doing this right?

My auto gearbox fault light is coming on at high revs, if you switch off and then restart light will go out. No fault codes are found. I have replaced oil and it still happens.

Does anyone out there know what it might be! easy or hard fix. I hope I will not have to replace the box?
Regards
Delboy63
98 2.0 Transmission fault light comes on - topbloke
Hi welcome to the site, If the light comes on then a fault code "will" be recorded and saved in the g/box ecu, what are you/garage reading it with ? Regards TB
98 2.0 Transmission fault light comes on - delboy63
Hi TB
I have not had the car long. I was told the car was taken to a vauxhall dealer and they said no codes were found. The dealer said it was the gearbox or ecu! NOT much help from vauxhall. I have a cheap code reader and plugged it in by the hand brake and I found no fault code!. I dont know much about these things! is the gearbox ecu different from the main ecu.
Thanks
delboy63
98 2.0 Transmission fault light comes on - Dynamic Dave
Is this the Sport "S" light or the car/spanner light? The handbook I have says the car/spanner light is the autobox fault light, but I know on earlier Vx's the "S" light was the fault light.

If it's the car/spanner light, then that light is also the fault light for the engine electronics.