01 2.5 Electrical problems and Battery Failure - dubbletrubble
My Grand Voyager is having electrical problems meaning that the windscreen wipers and heating system does not work. This has been intermittent for several months, but not noticeable till the winter. Engine has been slow to start for last couple of winters, and now really bad. Battery failure at weekend when sub zero temps has blown all chances of wipers and heating working at all now!

Can anyone advise if they have experienced similar problems or how to fix? Has been in a non dealer local garage with an electrician looking at it, he got it fixed till the battery failure at weekend which now means back to square one?

Really want to keep car on road for another couple of years, but not if going to have costly problems of this nature.

New to this site, would appreciate some good advice.

Thanks
01 2.5 Electrical problems and Battery Failure - piston power
You have various problems there the heater is it getting to temp? is the blower working? is it hot? a new thermostat may be required or just a blocked matrix or a bleed.

Wipers control column bad connection on muti plug or wiper motor try waggling plugs.

The battery how old is it 3 years or more just replace it less have it tested & the charge supply?

More info required please.

Edited by bigtee on 22/12/2009 at 12:03

01 2.5 Electrical problems and Battery Failure - MerlinTec
yes more info on the faults please. one note to add is there is a recall on the wiper motors on the Voyager so post you vin so I can check for you or call your dealer as if it's the motor at fault you may get it fixed for free.
01 2.5 Electrical problems and Battery Failure - dubbletrubble
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. The blower did work with cold air, now does not work at all. Have had car jump started twice over hols and no power to heater or wipers at all, ditto window and doors actually (which I did not mention in first post). Is this a general electrical failure then or specific to certain parts? I complelety clueless with regards to an auto matters and very much appreciate your advice - escp re the possible recall on wipers (although not sure that all electrical faults apply to that?).

Car is a Sept 01 (51) 2.5 LX version.

Thanks