Alfa 146 Fuel Injection Problem - tone
Hi

I've got a Alfa 146ti on a P plate, on sunday evening the fuel injection warning light came on, I cant get it down a garage for at least 2 weeks. Does anybody know what the problem could be, i put some wynns in it yesterday but theres no change yet (how quick does that stuff work?, if it does?) Will it be okay to drive whilst the light is on.

I need to use the car to get to the station <2 miles (pre 6am, so i'm not getting up any earlier to allow for the time walking), i can use my missus' car for anything else.

Thanks

Tone
Alfa 146 Fuel Injection Problem - RichardW
It's not a "fuel injection warning" light it's an "engine management system warning" light. It indicates the computer has logged a fault with one or more components in the system. The only way to find out which one is to put it on a diagnostic computer. If there are no other symptoms, you *MAY* be OK still using it, but if it is overfuelling or something, you risk flooding and damaging the cat, which could well make a 'dear' problem into a 'downright expensive' one! Of course it could be totally spurious, and just the result of a faulty connector (especially as it's an Alfa!)

It's unlikely anyone can be more specific without access to the car - unless there is a well known fault with this engine which someone might know about.

Richard
Alfa 146 Fuel Injection Problem - tone
Its listed in the handbook as 'fuel injection system warning' it looks a bit like a nozzle with a spray coming off (with a bit of imagination).

But it looks like it might be better to get taxis for the next couple of weeks. Or trade the car in, never liked it anyhow.

Tony