Alfa's new "147" - PR {P}
www.italiaspeed.com/2009/cars/alfa_romeo/12/giulie...l

Not sure how much interest on here, but here are the latest images of the new Alfa Giulietta. Engines at launch will be a 1.6 Multijet diesel (105BHP I believe) and a 2.0 Multijet diesel (170BHP). 3 petrol engines,2x 1.4Turbos with 140BHP and 170BHP (the latter with multiair). The range topper will be a 1.75 turbo petrol with 235BHP and will be called "cloverleaf". I think it looks good.
Alfa's new "147" - Jcoventry
Is this basically a four door Mito? Looks very similar in style to the Mito. Is it built on the same platform as the Mito?
Its a new platform based on the Bravo, but with better suspension. The style is MiTo-esque though. There is a return to the hidden rear door handles first seen on the 156.
Alfa's new "147" - LikedDrivingOnce
In some ways it looks like all the other new 5-door hatchbacks being churned out these days:
- the "hunched forward" look
- the creases along the side of the body
- the triangular rear side window etc, etc.

...and yet, it does have something just a tad different about it.
It somehow LOOKS Italian to me, and in my book that's no bad thing. (Big fan of Italian style)

The interior looks modern and stylish as well, except for another modern trend that Alfa have adopted.......why does all the instrument lighting have to be in red? - UGH! Horrible colour for instruments!
(And don't quote the science at me - I know all that already)
Alfa's new "147" - Clk Sec
I think it looks good.

I've always liked the looks and the style of Alfa's. I just wish I could talk myself into buying one.

Clk Sec
Alfa's new "147" - perro
LQQKS a bit odd to me - nothing like the Giulietta's that I remember.
Alfa's new "147" - Jcoventry
If I was to go for a newer Alfa, I'd get the Brera.
Alfa's new "147" - Armstrong Sid
It has the same visual characteristics as the Mito; looks ok from nearly all angles until you look at it from the front and then realise it's weirdly ugly
Alfa's new "147" - Lud
Looks a bit high and hunched to me in the pix. Cars can look fairly different in the metal though. But I'm not a fan of the latest Alfa styling especially in the smaller cars. The 156 was the last real styling triumph, although I like the 166 for its bland invisibility with a bit of added Alfa. Of course the 8C is on another plane altogether. Too beautiful by half. That black one was parked round the corner again today, flaunting its diffuser and exhaust pipes like a.... oh, never mind.
I really like the 159, especially in Ti guise. As for the Giulietta, I will await to see in the metal (wiithout cladding anyway, Ive seen them testing in Italy covered in black covers!). I didnt like photos of the MiTo but in the flesh I think they look good.
Alfa's new "147" - davecooper
I enquired about this car some months ago at an Alfa dealer as I am very interested in it and wanted to know when it would be available in the UK. At the time, it was known as the Milano but may have changed its name for the UK. I was told it was coming to UK in 2010 so will be back at the dealers in the new year to hopefully book a test drive.
It was due to be called the Milano but a last minute name change was decided upon as they were about to move the last remaining Alfa personnel from Milan to Turin, so was thought insensitive.
It is to be launched at the Geneva motorshow in March, with UK debut to be the Goodwood Festival of speed in early summer.
Alfa's new "147" - davecooper
Thanks for that PR(P). This car seems to have taken an eternity to make its debut.