The next `show stopper` in motoring? - oilrag
I was reflecting on new advances in Google Maps, seeming just that and using them as an example to the question.
But first a few thoughts on Maps.

I never saw it coming. ( on phones) It was a surprise to find the `latitude` feature and the `position` and the usefulness of getting what seems like live data from moving cars before getting on the Motorway.
But the Sat Nav feature as being rolled out for phones in the US... and free... almost unbelievable in a culture of paying for software. It surely must have caught people out as it seems shares plummeted in Sat Nav companies on the announcement.

2) Now here`s the question. What`s next?

The next big surprise in cars or motoring - that will have an effect on shares, or transform something already established. As an imaginary example - an `ever lasting` self cleaning spark plug about to be announced made out of a new alloy.

There must be something next, that is outstanding - sooner or later. What? and when?

Any predictions?

Regards to all

oilrag
The next `show stopper` in motoring? - Alby Back
I predict that my son, now 9, will be able to transport his family in a fully driverless car. Or at least one which can be set to "autopilot" if required.
The next `show stopper` in motoring? - oilrag
Let`s hope you are right Humph. My father told me I would be flying in a jet car in the future... ;-)
I sort of hope I'm wrong to be honest.
The next `show stopper` in motoring? - Avant
The fuel cell, surely? At present they can't be produced economically, but there was a time when they said that about computers....
My grandfather had one of the first commercially available motor cars to feature an internal combustion engine. My son's generation will, I think, be the last to drive a car so equipped.

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 14/12/2009 at 19:16