Gear slips to neutral from 3rd and 4th - mehulsanghvi
Hello,
I have recently bought a used Nissan Almera Activ 1.5. On the first day itself I realised that it had two problems: (1) There was a grinding noise from the engine - something similar to one when driving down the slope in a smaller gear (2) the gear stick moved during accelaration and deceleration.
I immediately went back to the dealer but he refused to do anything about it unless I paid him to fix the problem (he says that I had taken the car in 'as is' condition). I agreed to pay pounds250.00 for this and left the car with him for 2 weeks.
I just got the car back today and the total bill was pounds290.00. The mechanic has changed the gear bearings and problem 1 has disappeared. Though 2 problem has now worsned in the sense that not only does the gear stick moves on accelaration and deceleration but it is now so loose that it is difficult to even know if it is in gear and shifts to neutral gear when the car is in motion and goes over a bump.
I spoke to the dealer and he said he will call me back, but still hasnt! :(. Can anyone please let me know as what kind of expense am I looking at to fix this problem?
I have bought the car for pounds1700.00 and already spent pounds290.00 on it.

Thanks in advance