2.0 TCE - anyone own/driven one? - simkit
Just considering going for a test drive in the new Megane Coupe (2.0 TCE) & wondered if anyone has any experience of it?

thanks

Simon

Edited by Pugugly on 10/12/2009 at 21:47

103 views & no replies...

I'm guessing that no-one has tried one then, HJs report is very positive although it does seem to differ from most when comparing the Scirocco & Megane?

simon
2.0 TCE - anyone own/driven one? - Avant
Sorry - haven't tried one but I think you should have test drives in both Megane and Scirocco. If you like both, the Scirocco should hold its value a lot better.

That's good advice..

I've just got back from test driving the Megane & whilst it certainly has some power the driving experience left me a little disappointed - drove there & back in the wifes Suzuki Swift Sport & the Megane just doesn't have the "fun factor" or feedback of the Suzuki - next on the list is the Scirocco !!

Simon
2.0 TCE - anyone own/driven one? - DP
I think for a "fun" Renault, you have to go the RenaultSport route. It's been that way for some time now.

I have yet to drive any car with electric power steering which gives even half acceptable feedback, particularly in the context of a performance car. It's fine for shopping cars and family hacks, but there it should really stay. Renault's set up is particularly horrid. Feels like half a metre of the steering column is made from condensed rubber bands.