Automatic Wipers - Badwolf
Hello there folks,

Following on from the "Switches and controls you like-dislike" thread, I'd appreciate some advice please.

I have a 2003 Megane Expression and find the automatic wipers fairly infuriating. If it's just spitting with rain, they often flap about the screen like John McCrirrick having a fit and if it's fair chucking down they often stay resolutely still.

I've looked in vain for a way to switch them off and return to good old intermittent wipers but to no avail.

Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom, short of changing the car, please?

Many thanks.
Automatic Wipers - borasport20
Bw - my megane, along with it's owners manual has just gone to auction today, but IIRC it is a prolonged press on the button on the right hand indicator stalk.

If you don't want to chance that, www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/ is the best place to ask.

I guess you've turned the automatic headlights off already :-)

Edited by borasport20 on 10/12/2009 at 12:26

Automatic Wipers - Badwolf
Hi bora, how's things?

(I'm Rob The Bus in a new incarnation, in case you were wondering - we bantered quite a bit several years ago on this site if you remember?)

I tried a long press on the end of the wiper stalk but it only served to reset the trip computer to zero!
I guess you've turned the automatic headlights off already :-)

I have, yes. I'll decide when it's dark enough to need headlights, thanks very much! :-)

Thanks for the link, I'll have a gander.

Cheers.
Automatic Wipers - shara
May or may not be relevant but I have a 2002 clio with auto wipers. If the wiper stalk is in the off position moving it down one notch activates the auto wipers, moving it down further will activate the faster wiping sequences. Might be a different set up on the Megane though.
Automatic Wipers - borasport20
I knew it was you, RTB, I just didn't want to out you :-)
sorry about the duff info - I had access to a megane until monday !