Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - guygamps
When I visit the USA, I often see machines like this on garage forecourts, for cleaning car mats

www.moderncarcare.com/articles/self_serve_carwashi...l

What a great idea, but.... I have NEVER seen one in UK.

Has anyone seen one preferably in the Herts area? I really need to run my mats through something like this, no amount of hoovering will do what I want (wash, scrub and dry), yet hiring a carpet cleaning machine to do a few car mats is not justifiable.

Guy
Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - Jcoventry
What's wrong with using something like a Bissel vacuum on your carpets, and drying them out on a radiator?
nothing other than the need to buy a bissell vacuum to clean a piece of carpet as small as a car mat

Just don't need one for the home (mostly wooden flooring, plus a really good hoover for the rest of the house)

It is for the occasional car use, that is all.

I love the idea of dropping your mats through one of these when you are at the petrol station or car wash
Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - Dave_TD
preferably in the Herts area?

Sure, there is an unmanned car valeting centre in Bedford Road, Kempston (or Kempston Road, Bedford - it's where the two meet. Put "Dallas Road" into your satnav) with three jetwash bays and three vacuum / mat wash / car freshener bays. I gather the company that manufactures the equipment has their HQ in Bedford so uses it as a showcase facility.

You'll have to fight the minicab drivers off though, and I wouldn't use the vacuums or mat washers on weekend mornings until the previous nights' taxi vomit has worn away ;-)
Thanks

a bit fair to go just to clean my mats ., but thanks for the tip anyway.

St Albans, Hatfield, Hemel, Potters Bar, Watford, is kind of my area... but somewhere the taxi drivers/mini cabs go could be the answer in general, I will look in to it

Guy
Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - Old Navy
You could get a bottle of carpet shampoo and a scrubbing brush for less than a fiver and it would last for ages, assuming you have an adequate supply of elbow grease and you can borrow a vacuum cleaner. Make sure she doesn't find out you know how to use it.:-)
Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - Hamsafar
Hire a rug doctor from Homebase and you can do all the mats, boot lining, carpets, house doormats, carpets etc...
Car Mat cleaning machines (USA style) in UK? - piston power
There is not much left to clean of the drivers side one i buy a new set then on the second time fit and trim passenger side to fit drivers side, at £6.99 a set it gets vaced but not washed.