innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - diddy1234
Being a bit nostalgic here, but did anyone own / drive an Innocenti mini ?

Were they any good ?

I suspect I like the car as my first car was a Fiat 127 (similar in size and shape).
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - Lud
It was quite highly regarded in its day. Went just as well as a real Mini. Looked less 'cute', more grown-up somehow. But the styling was perhaps less successful than the BMC Mini's.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - mike hannon
Innocenti also did their take on the Sprite/Midget. Looked a bit like a Fiat 124 spyder in miniature.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - perro
I can only remember coming across one of these in my mobile tuning day's but - my memory tells me that I was far more impressed by them than the standard BMC Issigonis jobbie.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - Lud
more impressed by them than the standard BMC Issigonis jobbie.

Careful perro. May cause a couple of brain haemorrhages as people try to work out whether to be nasty about Italian cars or BL... rats in a maze so to speak...
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - oilrag
You would ideally get the reward in at 0.3 sec. You have to have a fast thumb and slick crumb though...
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - perro
>>> rats in a maze so to speak... <<<

(te,he) You have a sharp wit Sire.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - Tornadorot
Saw one of these parked in Verona a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good nick it was, but then they were making them up until 1993.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - Chris S
Anybody know why BL went to the trouble and expense of developing the Metro? By then Innocenti had gone bankrupt and they could have just taken over production.
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - diddy1234
I had also wondered that.

I did ask on the forums at (www.aronline.co.uk/ ) and the general BL impression was that it was not a British design so we wont officially sell it here in the UK !

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/12/2009 at 13:10

innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - madf
The Innocenti Mini usually had a version of the Ccoper S engine... I had an engine from one in a kitcar I rebuilt.

The Innocenti had been partially redesigned... and was much better built than a Mini - not difficult..
innocenti mini - anyone own / drive one ? - Tornadorot
Anybody know why BL went to the trouble and expense of developing the Metro? By
then Innocenti had gone bankrupt and they could have just taken over production.

Too obvious. Being BL, they had to spend about a decade starting and stopping their own supermini projects (9X, ADO74, ADO88) before the Metro eventually saw the light of day.