Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - Falkirk Bairn
A former Strathclyde traffic officer tells us of the cheekiest motorist he ever stopped.

After flagging down a driver who went through a red light, the police officer asked him: ?Didn?t you see the red light??

?The light, yes,? the driver replied. ?But you? No.?
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - diddy1234
Is that why the police do not say any more 'can you accompany me to the police station ?'

Maybe the police do not get lost any more.......
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - bathtub tom
Many years ago, I got pulled over in a 40MPH limit on a dual carriageway by a BIB stepping out in front of me.

I'd just pulled away from a garage that had done a 'Krypton tune' (remember them?) to diagnose an intermittent misfire above 4K RPM - condenser!

Yes, I was clogging it.

Me: I didn't see the speed camera.

BIB: Pushing it were we sir?

I couldn't deny it, but he explained I was the only car going slow enough with a driver that had made eye contact so he felt confident enough to step out.

Document check and advised not to open it up again until I reached the NSL.
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - zookeeper
many years ago...krypton tune.....speed camera, blimey what car is/was it ...a time machine?
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - Robin Reliant
many years ago...krypton tune.....speed camera blimey what car is/was it ...a time machine?

>>
Handheld speed detectors were in use for many years before fixed cameras, as my 1987 licence would testify.
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - dxp55
My last one was in 80's and done by an Austin 1100 with one of those grid things in boot - was going to bike races in Norfolk and I had a route map on tank - if I had followed it I would have been OK - it took me by main roads to a major cross roads where I would have turned left - all race day signage said fork turn left at next turn - 70 down to a 30 in 20 yrds -- set up me thinks - Never went to Norfolk again for 25 yrs - can't say I missed it.
Cheeky / Honest driver admits..................... - zookeeper
oh sorry RR i thought he said speed camera?