VOSA - Online mileage check - tack
I am sure many of you are aware, but some may not be that you can check the MOT history of a prospective car purchase for free. The history will show mileage at last and previous MOT's together with any issues picked up by MOT station (i.e. tyres close to legal limit). Handy to compare against miles shown on service history to see if any skull-duggery.

All you need is the registration number of the car and the document ref number on the registration document.

VOSA.gov.uk and go to online services.

Happy hunting
VOSA - Online mileage check - Stuartli
Details of how to check the MOT history of a vehicle on-line are, in fact, provided on the reverse of an MOT certificate - doing it by phone though to request a written history is not cheap...:-)

However, the website listed is www.motinfo.gov.uk

Edited by Stuartli on 25/11/2009 at 11:23

VOSA - Online mileage check - bell boy
its easy for an mot tester to put the wrong mileage on the system in fact a poster had exactly this problem a few weeks ago so while the mileage check is a good one as is advisories and "DANGEROUS " these being something that a certain fast fit place seem to use an awful lot you have to take it all in and see the bigger picture of human error idiots with an mot swipe card and businesses run on sheer greed,...........
VOSA - Online mileage check - colino
As most cars accumulate their heavy usage (company/lease/hire cars) in their early pre-MOT years I'm amazed that people treat a sheaf of MOTs as proof of anything. Only if these tie in with a credible earlier service history and a good traceable story can mileage really be verified.
A dealer based around here (who was a big noise in fords) as a matter of course clocked three year old cars back to what their shiney bodywork could suggest.
VOSA - Online mileage check - wilmarub

I've seen testers put wrong mileages in too. Saw one where the miles were out by 50k. What a headache.

Some history services like hpi and carveto have mileage checks. Hpi is independent of mot history as they have nmr (national mileage register). T

The whole miles and clocking thing is getting a big problem again what with lease and pcp deals capping some at only 10k. It leaves clocking as a tempting prospect to some...

Edited by Avant on 13/01/2020 at 15:46

VOSA - Online mileage check - oldroverboy.

I've seen testers put wrong mileages in too. Saw one where the miles were out by 50k. What a headache.

Some history services like hpi and carveto have mileage checks. Hpi is independent of mot history as they have nmr (national mileage register).

The whole miles and clocking thing is getting a big problem again what with lease and pcp deals capping some at only 10k. It leaves clocking as a tempting prospect to some...

Spam link...

Edited by Avant on 13/01/2020 at 15:48

VOSA - Online mileage check - Avant

Not sure. Wilmarub has been with us for about 18 months and hasn't posted spam before. I've deleted the link in case it's dodgy.

VOSA - Online mileage check - wilmarub

Not sure why it would be spam. Just a helpful resource to users.