peugeot 405 clutch - duggie
Can anyone tell me if changing the clutch plate on peugeot 405 is a diy job or best left to a garage.
Duggie
peugeot 405 clutch - Will_375
Hello Duggie,
Changing the clutch on your Peugeot 405 should be a straight forward job; so long as you take your time, and you have shelter if you are planning on doing it this time of year. Have you got a Haynes manual for the car? If not then do some research in to tauque loadings etc. The citroen BX has the same engine so the job should be the same; all bar a few points. As you have a tranverse engine I would recomend leaving the engine in situ and remove the the gear box from the engine, this way it save on all the disconnects otherwise required. (you will need a friend to help you lift out the gear box though!)Be aware that you will need a clutch alignment tool, or have one made up ready for when you are holding the clutch plate in position when you are aligning the pressure pressure plate bolts.
I have done a couple of clutch changes in the past, and would say it takes a while longer to do the job, and a fair amount of grovling on the floor, and underneath, but if you take your time and are a careful it should take about a day or just over.
I hope that this has helped you.
Will_375
peugeot 405 clutch - duggie
cheers Will, haynes manual at the ready, always helpful to talk to someone who has carried out the job, thanks again.
Duggie