07 1.8 Autolocking and remote keyfobs - Snakey
Hi,

Just got hold of a 2007 Focus Zetec estate 1.8TDCI, the only thing missing is the manual. I don't really need it but there are a couple of questions I'm trying to find an answer to:

1) Can autolocking be enabled on this car (i.e doors lock as you reach about 5mph)
2) It only came with one remote keyfob, and a single key. Is this normal? And can I get another remote keyfob and program it to the car myself?

Cheers.
07 1.8 Autolocking and remote keyfobs - shara
Not sure about the autolocking feature. I would thought two remote key fobs would have been supplied (can't be sure as my second hand focus only came with one remote key fob and I had another one made). As regards programming another keyfob, its yes and no. You can program it to open the doors but not to start the car. This needs to be done by a dealer/auto locksmith due to the Ford PATS software.
07 1.8 Autolocking and remote keyfobs - Pete Mansell
I bought a 2007 Focus new. If there is an autolocking feature, I have yet to find it. My car only came with one remote fob plus one ordinary key.

As stated above, a new key on this model has to be programmed by the dealer, and it won't be cheap!

Edited by Pete Mansell on 18/11/2009 at 21:07

07 1.8 Autolocking and remote keyfobs - jc2
Should br no autolocking;just push the doorhandle to the lock position to lock yourself in.Key supply depends on level of trim-top trim levels come with two remotes because built in alarm can ONLY be set using remote.Key will open/shut doors but not set alarm.
Cheers for the info,mines a Zetec (so not top of the range) so the single keyfob and 'normal' spare key sounds about right!

Shame theres no autolock, very handy and the wife likes it for the feeling of security!
07 1.8 Autolocking and remote keyfobs - jc2
As I said,just push the inner door handle if she wants to lock herself in.
She knows about the manual locking - just odd that our previous MK1 and Mk1.5 Focii had the autolock facility, but the Mk2 doesn't have it - with the lack of a user manual i thought I'd check if it was even available!