Driving License Renewal. - niceguyeddy
Been a while since my last posting but been a busy 11 months in the Toyota garage.

Got pulled over for speeding last night (turned down the offer of a fixed penalty as dubious evidence) however this is not what my posting is about.

Took my insurance and license to the local police station at lunch time and the helpful lady behind the counter after doing the paperwork pointed out that my license expires in January 2010 and commented on how many people miss the fact that the photo id type of license have an expiry date ...... I never knew this!!

Did a quick survey in the office and found 2 people that also didnt know.

Check your licenses now ....... If Im stating the obvious and you all know then sorry to have disturbed you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/11/2009 at 19:08

Driving License Renewal. - rtj70
Photo licences were only ever valid for 10 years. If you had the right address on it then reminders were sent. HJ also had a posting about this a few months back as a reminder.

Not only do the licences expire, you need to pay to renew them. And will never get a full 10 years.
See

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=71137&...e
Driving License Renewal. - FotheringtonThomas
What's a "photo id type of licence"?
Driving License Renewal. - Armitage Shanks {p}
The photo also has an expiry date and it isn't necessarily the same date as the licence expiry, I think! Not sure about this!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 16/11/2009 at 20:13

The photo ID part lasts a max of ten years. The overall licence entitlement obviously still applies.

If you have a photo driving licence it needs to have the photo renewed every 10 years.
Driving License Renewal. - niceguyeddy
Which of course we all have to pay for