95 1400 Engine storage - Pedro47
I'm new to this and have already posted in discussion so please excuse if you read it twice!

> I have a Rover 100 cabriolet and have just bought another for spares as
> some parts will become increasingly difficult to get. I intend to save
> everything though including the engine/transmission. Can anyone advise what I
> should do to store it, i.e. is normal engine oil OK, should the plugs be
> in or out etc.? Many thanks
Engine storage - bell boy
fill the engine to the brim with cheap 20/50 engine oil
cover anything that might rust in grease
things like starters wiper motors brake calipers keep away from a damp garage,ideally keep them in the nice cupboard under the stairs
keep the hood in a safe dry place too and watch for rodents eating and pooing on everything,its not nice
Engine storage - Lygonos
I can't imagine a more unsafe car than a Metro convertible.

Just stick some wheels on a coffin - no need for engine oil.

Seriously tho, your main worry will be rusting body panels, broken glass (non-windscreen) and deteriorating hood. Mechanical parts should be available for 10+ years.
Engine storage - Doc
> Mechanical parts should be available for 10+ years.

See X PART for spares: tinyurl.com/clfga8

95 1400 Engine storage - Dynamic Dave
I'm new to this and have already posted in discussion so please excuse if you read it twice!

And I've since removed it and moved any replies from it to here. Generating two exact same questions between forums just generates unnecessary repetitiveness - DD BR Moderator.
95 1400 Engine storage - bell boy
rare car these soft tops
one or two do indeed need keeping away from the clutches of the scrappage scheme etc
an interesting read in the history of the making of these cars if anyone fancies googling it
im not a rover fan but i see the need for unique niche models being needed for future generations to look at even if they only poke fun at it