02 1.8 reprogramming key fob - greesy65
how u all can help.i have replaced battery in my focus key fob and gone thru the re program sequence(turn from pos I TO II 4 times then press again.the boot button works ok but the doors wont lock.they try to lock but unlock straight away.the front door wont lock at all.when i manually lock the front door then use the fob it will lock and unlock the passenger doors but not the front,here's hoping u can help :))

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/11/2009 at 17:08

02 1.8 r eprogramming key fob - Dynamic Dave
Presumably everything was fine until you changed the fob battery?

ps, no 'txt' talk please - you're not limited on the amount of characters you can use here, nor is this MSN - thanks. DD Br Moderator.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/11/2009 at 17:08

02 1.8 r eprogramming key fob - mikej
It's possible to change the remote battery without the need to reprogram the key, so it sounds like you've got a fault with your central locking system.

Was this fault present before you changed the battery ?

There is a diagnostic mode for the remote/central locking - can't remember exactly how to get into it, but it involves pressing the driver's door sensor a load of times until the lights flash.

Search around this forum to see if you can find the procedure - it should certainly tell you if you have a faulty fob button or door sensor.