Transit SportVan Help - rsjay
Hello
Is there anyone that can help me?
I purchased a BRAND NEW Transit Sportvan from Snip! No naming/shaming please. We were in a hurry when we collected this van as we were trading at The Gold cup at Olton Park. Cut a long story short due to show ect when we finally washed the van and inspected it, it was two weeks later at the time of washing the paint on the rear wheel arch started to come off, revealing some sort of filler.
We then inspected the rest of the vehicle and it became apparent that the drivers door had been repaired, the two rear doors had been repaired and still needed repairing, and that the complete passengers side had been very badly repaired.

We then took the vehicle back to snip and asked them to replace it for a new one of the same spec. they refused to do this and insisted we had to have it repaired, after 6 weeks of them having our van and me insisting we wanted a replacement vehicle. They then decided that they would offer me a Full refund or a repair and gave me 5 days to decided after taking 6 weeks to come to that decision. I asked them to confirm how they were going to repair the vehicle and they refused to confirm what they were going to do telling me it is none of my business that is between them and ford warranty.

To repair this vehicle to as new standard the complete rear passengers side panel would need to be replaced however they would not confirm. We searched for a new van but due to the fact we had a good deal on ours it was going to cost us another £5000 to replace our van like for like. I asked ford if they would be able to help me out with the cost of a new van and they refused basically telling me take your full refund and go away. I explained what we do and that we do car shows all year and that we are Ford RS owners club members ect and they still refused.

We haven?t had a van for 7 weeks and ford will not give us a curtsey vehicle as warranty will not pay for one and we have been backed into a corner and have to have the van repaired.
We confirm that we are willing to have the vehicle repaired but NOT at snip so we collected the van and took it to another ford dealership in Oswestry. As a warranty claim had already been made they had a copy of snip paint path which confirmed all they were going to do is rub the passengers side down and fill it with filler and the same with the rear doors.

As this infringes the terms of a new vehicle they officially are not allowed to do this however ford warranty had agreed to it. We are now back to square one as the other dealership have confirmed the only way to repair it is to remove the panels which would mean cutting seals which again infringes the terms of a new vehicle. So ford have now decided that they need to send someone out to inspect the van which is what I asked them to do 7 weeks ago.
We are now back to square one and still without a vehicle.....

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/11/2009 at 13:46

Transit SportVan Help - Badwolf
That's outrageous! Wjat a way to treat a customer, especially one who obviously has a passion for Fords.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any help but I can offer you my best wishes for a speedy resolution.

Cheers.
Transit SportVan Help - Altea Ego
>As this infringes the terms of a new vehicle

no it doesent, there is nothing "official" about precisely how a panel is repaired

>they officially are not allowed to do this

as above then yes they are.

Ford have fullfilled the letter of the consumer law by offering you a full refund of your purchase price. Clearly they missed the spirit of the law by a long way but at the end of the day as they met the actual law you dont have a leg to stand on.
Transit SportVan Help - bell boy
at the end of the day as they met the actual law you dont have a leg to stand on.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>or a seat to sit on if he takes the refund--------
why doesn't he take the refund and run anyway?
Transit SportVan Help - jc2
Read the OP;he bought the van cheap!
Transit SportVan Help - bell boy
Read the OP;he bought the van cheap!
i did read it

and i would have rejected it at every tin of filler opened