99 1.2 engine light on & won't run properly - the hunter
hello ive recently changed a engine on a 1,2 16v corsa.i seen the new engine runnin before i changed it,whilst changing it i noticed a plastic connector was broken on the fuel injection system so i took the old one off the old engine and put it onto the new engine.included injectors,carb,other parts with it.all cos scrapyard were animals taken it out!!anyway i started the engine and its hard to start idles very low to start with n like its choking when u press throtle no respsonse n wonts to stall.if u let it warm for a minute it will tick over o.k but when reved it very splutery but will go through the revs.the engine light is on but havent had time yet or money to find out what for.ive changed the sparks and done full service on the car,tried changing the coil packs over from new engine from old and had no effect.anyone help????

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/11/2009 at 21:15

99 1.2 engine light on & won't run properly - Rattle
What is the fault code? No point on guessing. This things have to diagnosed in a logical manor, there is no point on randomly changing parts which is what you are doing now.