16 year old dies in collision with 4X4 [Read Only] - perro
tinyurl.com/y8qdebr

"Most, 4 x 4 owners that I see are pretentious arrogant idiots, whose only experience of off - roading is when they accidentally mount the kerb at our local school car park scattering six year olds like ten pins".

That is just one of the comments in reply to this tragic and very sad loss.
I live in a rural area and have witnessed these 'off road' vehicles complete with bull bars driving at speed down narrow country lanes whilst secure in their large 4X4's.

Just to provide a balanced view, here is a comment the same page from the poor lad's mother

"I know the details of the accident and the driver of the 4x4 could not have done anything and my heart goes out to her. We live in a village and 4x4 are part of life out here I used to drive one myself. Please do not use this tribute page to vent your anger his little brother is reading them for comfort."

smokie, Moderator

Edited by smokie on 02/11/2009 at 15:23

16 year old dies in collision with 4X4 - TheOilBurner
Firstly, we must remember this is a tragic death and respect the family.

However, the presumption of blame should not be on the 4x4 driver. The teenage moped rider could also have been to blame.

We do not know.

It's probably best not to speculate in the circumstances..

Edit: if you read the comments on this article, someone claiming to be the boy's mother says it was not the fault of the 4x4 driver, from what she understands of the accident. She also asks this whole thing *doesn't* turn into a routine attack of 4x4 drivers...

Edited by TheOilBurner on 02/11/2009 at 14:08

16 year old dies in collision with 4X4 - rtj70
Made this read only. This is a tragic accident and I'm sure there will be a full investigation. Perhaps we should not speculate who was to blame, etc.

Rob (Moderator)