04 2.5 Honest Johns Assessment - Travelbuddy
Just read Honest John's assessment of the A4 B6 and seek clarification of the following point.

In the Recall Section he mentions that December 2005 - The "Dealer TSB to replace current 6 plate clutch of the 2.5 V6 TDI mulitronic with a 7 plate clutch" as their is a known problem with a failing due to torque stress.

Not sure what Dealer TSB means ..... should I have received a recall notice from Audi?????

Cheers
Travelbuddy
04 2.5 Honest Johns Assessment - Dynamic Dave
TSB - Technical Service Bulletin

From what I recall (of Vauxhall's policy anyway), prior to your car being booked in for a routine service they look up any TSB's or rework's that *may* require doing and act accordingly if the work hasn't already been carried out.
04 2.5 Honest Johns Assessment - Travelbuddy
Thanks Dynamic Dave for info about TSB's and what the acroymn stood for.

I certainly was not notified by the local Audi service garage about this known problem whilst the car was in warrenty and being serviced by them. Now it's outside of warrenty and if the clutch failed (not due to normal wear and tear) would I be covered for a replacement by Audi?
Should I be contacting Audi?

Cheers
Travelbuddy.
04 2.5 Honest Johns Assessment - rtj70
A clutch is a wear item anyway. So most are only covered for a few thousand miles and then there are conditions on whether it is repaired under warranty or not. I think the best coverage is by Mazda with a 9500 mile limit for a warranty replacement even if it was driver's fault.

So you'll be long past the mileage when the clutch was ever covered. Sorry.