Gearbox - pepperdog
My Mazda 6 is a really good car but the change from 1st to 2nd is giving me concern being obstructive if engine revs are below 3000 I have noticed that on changing gear at this engine speed the revs actually increase a bit before falling so stressing the synchro possibly!! First gear is noisy compared to the others so would appreciate other owners feedback on this subject. Have thought about an oil change but dont know whether this box has a drainplug and sofar I have not removed the bottom engine cover to investigate further.
Gearbox - andyp
How old is the car, and how many miles has it covered ?
Gearbox - jacks
I have a Mazda 6 2.0 petrol - the change from 1st to 2nd is slightly notchy especially when moving off first thing, I put it down to a characteristic of the car. it's been the same since I had the car from new and it's done 50k now and is still the same.

My handbook shows the 'box oil change interval at 100Km/62500miles so I guess it must have drain and refill plugs.

Jacks

Gearbox - Falkirk Bairn
My Mazda issues with baulking 1st/2nd and getting into reverse were found to be synchromesh and gear wheels - it was warranty when almost new.

Garage originally said it was common fault /characteristic but same hire car was perfect so I continued to want it resolved - changes of gearbox oil/played with selector rods etc they then stripped the gearbox and found the fault.