"baby on board" signs - dieseldogg
Why?
Are they deemed to be an excuse for inattentive driving
Am I meant to crash into someone else instead?
I feel like getting a "six million active sperm on board, please drive into someone else" sign made up.
would that work?
"baby on board" signs - moonshine

When a new baby arrives new parents want the world to know about it, what better way than to put sign in the back of your car.

I cant think of any other reason why you would put one in.
"baby on board" signs - Old Navy
I thought they were the ultimate parking permit.
"baby on board" signs - Engineer Andy
I thought they were the ultimate parking permit.

No No - that's what the good ol blue badge is for!

Still, as has been said, its best to treat those with "Baby on board" stickers with caution - I once saw a mum draw up in her SUV (with sticker prominently displayed) outside a school, then open her door only to find a car was passing at the time. Needless to say the door found its way down the road. Nice to see her concern for all the kids crossing at the time (sic). I also remember seeing lots of other "dings" whilst parents were telling little Johnny to "put a sock in it" or chatting on their mobile phones.

I think the stickers should read "Beware - Distracted parent driving little monsters".

>> I thought they were the ultimate parking permit.
>>
No No - that's what the good ol blue badge is for!

Doh, (slaps forehead), brain fade!

Edited by Old Navy on 30/10/2009 at 19:03

"baby on board" signs - Statistical outlier
They are a useful indicator of an appalling driver or a certain mindset. I usually treat cars fitted wtih such with greater caution, and expect no lane discipline on roundabouts etc.
"baby on board" signs - OldSock
The story goes that these signs were to alert rescue services that a baby is present in the mangled vehicle - even if not apparent.

Edited by OldSock on 28/10/2009 at 09:19

"baby on board" signs - Armitage Shanks {p}
GM - what is your reaction to the wildly pretentious and boring signs - "Caution - Show Dogs in Transit"? Pass me my sick bag!
"baby on board" signs - mike hannon
You beat me to it, AS. Eeeuurrrrggghhhh....

Edited by mike hannon on 28/10/2009 at 09:40

"baby on board" signs - Alby Back
I've just followed a Discovery with a small sign in the back window which made me smile. It said.....

"Not a school disco"
"baby on board" signs - drbe
I always say - there is no thread like an old thread!
"baby on board" signs - Armstrong Sid
The story goes that these signs were to alert rescue services that a baby is
present in the mangled vehicle - even if not apparent.

Most of the ones I've ever seen have the arrogant and patronising "Back off, Baby on board" which seems to rule out the emergency services explanation.
"baby on board" signs - mjm
The cars with the sign "Making baby on board" tend to be driven a little more erratically.
:)
"baby on board" signs - David Villa
If you're wary of cars with "baby on board" signs,what do you make of cars with "grandchild on board" or equivalent signs,or worse "Princess on board"!

Aaaghhh...
"baby on board" signs - Pugugly
One of our staff (a well educated and go-getting type) had "Small Dude on Board" on her Golf - there should be something in employment law.
there should be something in employment law.

Involving a cattle prod or for extreme cases a humane killer.....

;-)
"baby on board" signs - OldSock
"Small Dude on Board"

Maybe a surreptitious snipe for when hubby was with her? :-)
Ah it's just dawned on me - he is a 5'3" in his socks - and a supercilious little git (which he probably mistakes for "cool")
"baby on board" signs - dieseldogg
Me,
I thought the best yet was
"orgasm doner"
needless to say dressed up like the proper one
"baby on board" signs - CQ
On a slight tangent on the back of one of those vans that transports prisoners written in the dirt "warning may contain nuts" and on the other door "hows my driving? ring 0121 *** **** cause my mummy worries" different I thought.
"baby on board" signs - bell boy
tinyurl.com/ykezkn4
"baby on board" signs - Lud
No one's scared of babies.

Heavily armed, bad-tempered psychopath on board (recently cashiered from special forces for 'excessive enthusiasm'). Now that would make people give a car a wide berth.
"baby on board" signs - DP
If you're wary of cars with "baby on board" signs what do you make of
cars with "grandchild on board" or equivalent signs or worse "Princess on board"!

I have a 'Princess on Board' sign bought for me as a gift, although never fitted it. If it annoys people, it might be worth a punt though :-)

Honestly people, where's your sense of humour, or even live and let live?
"baby on board" signs - L'escargot
Baby on board? Couldn't they find something more comfortable to put the baby on ~ mattress, duvet cover etc.?

Edited by L'escargot on 28/10/2009 at 15:17

"baby on board" signs - Armstrong Sid
It'd be nice to see one which is a combination of two well-known signs
"No babies are left in this vehicle overnight"
"baby on board" signs - old crocks
... or the more honest alternative "tool on board".
....."How's my baby - Phone 0900 666 666"
"baby on board" signs - Alanovich
Baby on, bored.
Be fair though, at least the drivers with the B.O.B. signs are at least, at that moment anyway, showing the basic decency not to transport them on an aeroplane.....Now that really is offensive.....

:-(
"baby on board" signs - bristol01
>>showing the basic decency not to transport them on an aeroplane

ermmm I don't think parents do it for fun, somehow.

I caught an overnight flight a couple of years ago from New York to Bristol, and was sat behind a mother with her eight week old baby. Not a peep out of the latter all night.

Perhaps you should avoid flying from B'ham to Duesseldorf around Christmas, as I'll have my eighteen month old daughter with me. She doesn't do sitting still for long.
"baby on board" signs - Westpig
are at least at that moment anyway showing the basic decency not to transport them on an aeroplane.....Now that really is offensive.....

You are 100% right. Ours is 22 months old and will not be setting foot on a plane until he's at least 3 and can be relied upon to do as he's told, even when very tired and very bored.

However, the conversations i've had with some friends is from a totally opposite viewpoint. Their attitude seems to be 'I have a right to travel and if I happen to have a squawking kid with me, too bad'.

I think any human being that travels on a plane, at any age, should have to have their own seat. Why should the person in the next seat have to have the head or feet of someone else's kid?
"baby on board" signs - Big Bad Dave
"until he's at least 3" and "relied upon to do as he's told" in the same sentence...

Oh Westpig just you wait. They get worse not better mate!
"baby on board" signs - dxp55
best I have seen was on back of truck that empties portable toilets

"No stools left on board overnight"
"until he's at least 3" and "relied upon to do as he's told" in the
same sentence...

LOL, I take it you wont be flying untill he is almost an adult then. :-)
"baby on board" signs - Dipstick
I read that as until he's at least 3" and thought crikey that's titchy, what's he doing, spending the first six months of his life on a charm bracelet?

"baby on board" signs - 1400ted
3 inches ?....make him a nice, cosy little travel cot out of a cig packet and he'll be no trouble at all !

Ted
"baby on board" signs - Lud
On a train to Paris a few years ago with a child of 18 months or so nearby, a well turned out nipper from the Mediterranean somewhere. It was preverbal but had developed an extraordinary squeak, somewhere between a bat and a train whistle, extremely painful to hear even once, let alone every thirty seconds from London to Paris.

Do parents find this sort of thing charming? Do they secretly encourage the little hellions and even give them a bit of tuition? The parents of this one seemed wholly unaware of the painful effects of their offspring's monotonous shrieking. They looked a harmless couple but I longed to kick them.

A bit of babbled discourse is one thing, but there's nothing useful to be gained from that sort of self-expression. Everyone knows babies are formless beasts. They are supposed to be learning how to behave like humans. A bit of repression isn't always a bad thing.
"baby on board" signs - DP
>>You are 100% right. Ours is 22 months old and will not be setting foot on a plane >>until he's at least 3 and can be relied upon to do as he's told, even when very tired >>and very bored.

We took our 4 yr old and 2 yr old on a plane for the first time this year, after much hesitation. They thoroughly enjoyed it, and after much worrying was a complete non-event for us. The 4 year old got taken into the cockpit to meet the captain when we boarded, and thought being able to order a glass of iced water and do her colouring on a posh picnic table was all terribly grown up and fantastic. The younger one giggled like the adrenaline junkie she is as the plane took off, then suddenly grabbed her teddy and passed out, waking up as we landed.

They are not allowed to run riot in restaurants and other public places anyway, so there was no danger of that on the plane. The trick I think is taking enough entertainment for them. And the teddies were invaluable.

You don't know how kids will react until you do it for the first time. Took their favourite toys and the things they love doing, and drilled it into them that if they played up, we'd take the plane home and they'd go to bed for a week! ;-)

Edited by DP on 29/10/2009 at 09:08

"baby on board" signs - Big Bad Dave
When I moved to Poland, I left my pregnant wife in London to have our son because it was very important that he be English (didn't want him to have to do military service here). They followed about a year after me so I would fly back every week and about every fourth week they'd fly out to see me. Consequently he'd made about a dozen flights by the time he was one, including other foreign holidays and wotnot. My daughter too, who is a year younger. As I recall there was never any problem, it's the vile, drunken, fat adult dobbers leaving their filth and vomit behind that is really objectionable - as anyone who has ever flown a package from Malaga to Manchester Airport will know.
I've glanced through the windows of parked cars bearing this sign and never once seen a baby!
"baby on board" signs - Chris S
I saw a 'Brat On Board' sign with a picture of Bart Simpson on it!
"baby on board" signs - Dynamic Dave
"baby on board"?

Surely the poor little darling would be more comfortable in a baby seat?
"baby on board" signs - paulb {P}
"baby on board"?
Surely the poor little darling would be more comfortable in a baby seat?

L'escargot beat you to it, Dave :-)
"baby on board" signs - Dynamic Dave
L'escargot beat you to it Dave :-)

So he did. And there's me who's supposed to read each and every post on here.

Quick, where's my delete button ;o)
L'escargot beat you to it Dave :-)

L'escargot by name but not (always) by nature!
"baby on board" signs - asda-al
My better half drives round with a sign saying " ex husband in boot" he is'nt really of course. Well not last time I looked
Most vehicles with "Dogs in Transit" signs aren't Transits!