01 2.0 wishbone replacement cost? - cactuspete
How much does it cost to replace the front wishbones for an S60 2.0 SE T 01

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/10/2009 at 21:58

01 2.0 wishbone costs - cactuspete
Hi ,

Ive just been charged a total of 2 new wishbones £250.00 without labour, is this a correct amount?
01 2.0 wishbone costs - DP
Were they genuine Volvo parts? If so that's probably about right. A pair of good quality pattern arms from a reputable online supplier would be a good £100 cheaper

for example:

www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPat...6

I have no association with this site by the way, just used them before.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 24/10/2009 at 23:19

01 2.0 wishbone costs - cactuspete
Thanks DP , i had looked into that & i beleive they are genuine volvo parts.. i was told there made from solid aluminium not iron.. thnaks for your input..
01 2.0 wishbone costs - nobbyt

Were they genuine Volvo parts? If so that's probably about right. a pair of good quality pattern arms from a reputable online supplier would be a good £100 cheaper for example: http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_535&products_id=3216

I put a set of non-volvo bushs on my S60 15 months (9,000 miles) ago and they have just failed. Google scantech who supply many of these parts and you will see thier guarantee is 3 years or 5,000 km !! Which shows you how confident the people who make them are of the quality ... Not Much.

These are too expensive to fit for labour costs to mess around with poor quality parts, I won't buy another set and will go for either genuine volvo or polyurethene next time (ie this weekend).

01 2.0 wishbone replacement cost? - Panda_man
Are these the same on the V70? Car Mechanics magazine had a small article about them (about 3 months ago) being a weak spot on the V70 and Volvo were offering them (to the trade only) at seriously reduced prices. May be worth checking this out