Now the nights are drawing in...... - andyp
6 months ago i traded in my trusty Citroen Picasso for a new Kia Cee'd.
Whilst the Cee'd has turned out to be a very good car, now it's dark by the time i get home, i have noticed that there were 2 small, but useful features on the Picasso that are not on the Cee'd which i miss. These are the interior light coming on when you remove the key from the ignition, which was great for locating mobile phone, wallet, house keys etc & "follow me home" headlamps, which was really useful for finding the key hole on the front door.
Now the nights are drawing in...... - daveyjp
It's the little things which make the difference. My X type radio needs a key in the ignition to work - very annoying.
Now the nights are drawing in...... - Rattle
I had a problem where I had to open the door to swtich on the inside light. It had been driving me mad as there was no bottons for it. I accidently pulled the headlight switch forward and inside light came on....

Moral of the story if you think an important feature is missing read the manual your car might actually have it.
Now the nights are drawing in...... - 659FBE
As with the radio example above. Radios generally have an extensive menu list of options.

The radio in my VAG vehicle originally went off with the "ignition" (it's diesel) which I found infuriating. It also meant you needed the key to get a CD out of it. A quick read of the moumental radio manual enabled me to program it to work independently of the key.

It's not a very good radio though.

Now the nights are drawing in...... - old crocks
I had a problem where I had to open the door to switch on the inside light.
I accidently pulled the headlight switch forward and inside light came on....

About ten years ago I flew into Porto airport late one night and hired a Corsa. Not being familiar with Vauxhall switches, but wanting to move away from the terminal, I decided to pull a few hundred yards down the road and then stop to familiarise myself with the controls. Unfortunately after about 200 yards, and before I had found anywhere to stop, I found myself on the motorway into the city so I just had to make do.

I never did find that interior light switch while I had the car, although I finally found out where it was when I got back to the UK.
Now the nights are drawing in...... - DP
My S60 has a couple of nice little touches along these lines. When you unlock the car, it puts the interior light on as normal, but a green ring illuminates around the ignition lock to help you find it in the dark. You can also locate the car easily in a dark car park by switching on the sidelights from the remote keyfob.

Old Crock - my old mk2 Cavalier's interior light used to be activated by pulling the rotary switch for the headlights towards you. Very odd. Was this Corsa the same?
Now the nights are drawing in...... - diddy1234
Kia Rio has a nice feature (to stop flattening battery).

turn off engine with the lights, radio etc on and the lights are still on.

Take key out of ignition everything still on, then the moment the drivers door is opened the whole lot turns off.

When comming back to the car at a later date, put keys in the ignition and everything comes back on just as the driver left it.

Most annoying thing is the heater direction switch which in some positions turns the aircon on (if blowing to windscreen and feet position).

The air con has to be turned off each time the direction blower is turned to the above position but can catch you out.
Now the nights are drawing in...... - bell boy
only vauxhall can build a car where if you have a door open you cant turn off the interior light
not very helpful if you are a car thief or a private detective