Red Letter Day at MIRA - fredthefifth
Hi All,

I've got a drive of a Ferrari at MIRA soon (Birthday present from the wife) and the accompanying letter says that for security reasons no photographs are allowed and all phones, camera's etc must be left in the car. A colleague at work reckons that's a bit of a scam so they can sell their own photo's!

To be honest I can understand there being an issue with photographs at MIRA but has anyone got any experience of this and advice please?

Cheers.
FTF

Red Letter Day at MIRA - Manatee
I've been on this type of thing, but not at MIRA, and photos have been no problem - most people will buy one of the 'official' ones anyway if it's a special occasion.

They may be taking advantage, but I'm not surprised that MIRA imposes restrictions - manufacturers (still, presumably) use it for testing unreleased models.
Red Letter Day at MIRA - njgleeds
Be assured it's got nothing to do with selling their own pictures; my work involves going on site at MIRA and security is VERY strict regarding allowing any form of camera etc past the main gate!
Regards, Neil
Red Letter Day at MIRA - Simon
I have been into MIRA quite a number of times (for commercial reasons rather than pleasure) and they have never been that 'hot' on photography devices when you enter the place. Ie they have never asked whether I have had a camera or said anything about mobiles phones etc. That said they do have big signs up near the entrance about the restriction of photography and all that.

There is a fair amount of experimental stuff knocking about at times though and I can understand why they need to protect their other customers privacy - the motor manufacturers. As long as you are sensible I doubt you will have a problem.
Red Letter Day at MIRA - fredthefifth
Ok, thanks all, I will treat the instruction not to take photo's with the utmost respect.

Fegards.
FTF