02 1.6 Sudden misfire on cylinders 1 and 4 - shafto64
hi
Car suddenly quit. left it with local garage who Changed the following:

Coil pack
Leads
plugs

These had no effect at all, The mechanic said he disconnected the leads on 1 and 4 whilst running and there is no difference.

His computer apparently said feed 1 and feed 2 at coil not present. he did not give me codes. I have now left it at another garage as they told me they couldnt do much with it as it is a electrical problem.

Any suggestions...........gratefully accepted.

regards

02 1.6 Sudden misfire on cylinders 1 and 4 - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like the engine control unit is at fault.A problem with the coil pack on these can take out the electronics in the engine management unit.There are various companies that are able to repair these.A new unit is in excess of £400 and will need to be coded to the car.hth
02 1.6 Sudden misfire on cylinders 1 and 4 - shafto64
Garage replaced ECU with another unit along with transponder on key, etc. put on another Coil pack and car ran fine for a hour.

picked up, drove 2 miles and then complete loss of power.

ECU not giving up any codes at all, And definately no Spark to plugs.

Engine turning over, can smell fuel. P0443 code now but looks like its because of possible fuel overfeed because of no spark.

Mechanic baffled as there is no faults after full scan on ECU.

Looking at possible Crank sensor failure? What do you think.

Any ideas appreciated as its costing me too much to be a viable motor at the moment.
02 1.6 Sudden misfire on cylinders 1 and 4 - Armitage Shanks {p}
I think ECUs can be repaired by a frim called REMAN. Much running with a misfire may wreck your catalyst, thus adding to your problems.