Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - Armitage Shanks {p}
I have just been researching the Ford website and find that, for an upfront fee of £430, they will give my new KA 3 annual services and a full breakdown and recovery service all over Europe included, also for 3 years. As I am paying almost this much at the moment, just for a similar breakdown service, this seems like a very good deal. Does anybody have any thoughts on this, one way or the other, please?

There are other minor benefits such as 7 days courtesy car if they have a problem with the servicing, the breakdown includes Homestart and that sort of thing.
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - Pugugly
Bite their hands off - it sounds like a very good deal indeed.
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - cheddar
I agree with PU, jump at it!

Had a look at a Ka in a Ford deler showroom yesterday, I really like it, it is kind of a Fiestiquento, a nice combo, wife wants 5 doors so it is ruled out.
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - ifithelps
I agree with the others - there's only two words to be said here: 'yes' and 'please'.

There was no such deal available when I bought the CC3, so I ended up with a pay-up-front for services plan from the dealer.

Would much rather have had something direct from Ford which also includes recovery.

Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - BobbyG
What is the Ka service requirements? Annually, or mileage? How many services would you require in that time of ownership?

Will you be taking the Ka to Europe?

Also my SEAT came with 2 years Europe breakdown cover as part of the 3 year manufacturer warranty - does yours not come with something similar?
BobbyG my use of the KA will result in annual/12K miles servicing. I will be taking the car to Europe as I have set against flying! The car's 3 year warranty gives 1 year's breakdown but the 3 year servicing package gives 3 years breakdown. As others have noted (thanks) this looks like a good deal as I'm not going to get any worthwhile interest on the money, and neither are Ford, come to that!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 18/10/2009 at 10:47

Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - maz64
AS (or someone) - please could you post a link to the relevant page? I'm having trouble navigating the site. My parents have a new Ka and might be interested.
This should do it tinyurl.com/ygfhpew

Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - maz64
This should do it tinyurl.com/ygfhpew

Thanks AS - I'll pass that on.
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - Bill Payer
I thought pretty well all manufacturers did this sort of thing now? Certainly on our new Jazz that has a 5yr/62,500 service package for £500ish (£540?), and VW do 3yrs on Golf and Polo for £250.

I was very miffed to miss out on Mitsubishi introducing their servicing package 3 mths after we bought the car as Mitsubishi dealer servicing is pretty expensive (they do more work, more regularly, than many other manufacturers).

I guess the only downside is that you'll get beaten to death to have "optional" work done such as a/c "servicing", windscreen wiper replacement and they'll probably tell you the brake pads and disks need replacing when they're really hardly worn.

Edited by Bill Payer on 18/10/2009 at 11:24

Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - Falkirk Bairn
Pay by Credit card - just in case - Section 75 pays out if dealer/manufacturer fails - keep the receipt!
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - Alby Back
Got to be good AS. I'd take it.

Curious to know why the "no fly" policy, although having read your profile I could understand why you might not like anyone else in the "driver's seat" !!

I avoid flying as much as possible, not through any fear or whatever but because I loath the dehumanising element of modern air travel. It is no longer an adventure but a serious chore. Although it can be sociologically diverting. Manchester airport in particular is one of the few remaining places where you can still behold the shell suit being worn in all its glory.......
Ford - Combined Servicing & Breakdown Offer - ifithelps
...Manchester airport in particular is one of the few remaining places where you can still behold the shell suit being worn in all its glory...

Presumably worn by passengers flying to places not served by Liverpool airport.

Good afternoon HB! I am with you; it is the ritual humiliation at airports, check-in @stupid o'clock, take off your shoes and belt, this bottle of shampoo is too big and so is the water. Endless waits for luggage and at inspection of passports, once one is at the front of a 30 minute queue - anything else we can add? Compare and contrast with Eurotunnel - 5 minute check-in, French border control cleared at Folkestone and no intrusive searches. Nobody asks me if I have packed my car myself, have a I got sharp pointy things in it. I can find plenty of nice places so see and stay in, within 4 hours of Calais. Not allowed to advertise but for an idea of what I have found for next year Google for "Chez Eileen". (Mods delete if not permitted please.)
PS - I shall go for the service/breakdown deal, it looks good value

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 18/10/2009 at 14:48